Bluecurve TV app Problem with recorded shows on ipad and iphone

modernmom70
Grasshopper

So over the past few months when I watch my recordings on my ipad often if I fast forward the screen will freeze on that frame and continue playing the show as I hear it in the background. Even if I exit the app completely the show remains with the frozen screen but playing in the background. If I try the same show on my iphone same thing. The recording is fine on the computer or tv. What is going on, this is so annoying as I have always watched my recordings on my ipad. And yes I have updated, restarted reinstalled etc... 

Labels (1)
11 Replies

-- what release of the Apple IOS operating system is runn...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@modernmom70 -- what release of the Apple IOS operating system is running on your iPad? on your iPhone?

0 Kudos

iPAD OS 16.2

LiseK
Grasshopper

iPAD OS 16.2

0 Kudos

Does anyone have a reply to Grasshoper's problem with iPa...

LiseK
Grasshopper

Does anyone have a reply to Grasshoper's problem with iPad freezing up watching recorded shows on his iPad.  Same thing is happening to me and it's very frustrating.

0 Kudos

How are the recordings on the BlueCurve boxes?

rstra
Grand Master

@LiseK  How are the recordings on the BlueCurve boxes?

0 Kudos

Yes, on our Shaw wireless

LiseK
Grasshopper

Yes, on our Shaw wireless

0 Kudos

Most of the recordings are good on BlueCurve except for t...

LiseK
Grasshopper

Most of the recordings are good on BlueCurve except for this one show that sometimes freezes when watching it but the voices continue in the background.

I have tried deleting it and recovering it - tried to shut down my iPad tried to delete and reinstall the BlueCurve app on the iPad but nothing works. This happens intermittently on the iPad and only on this program which is on channel 801 every night at 7:00.  It can be frustrating.  Shaw is working on this problem for me.  Spent almost 2 hours with them yesterday online chat.

0 Kudos

--  Shaw is working on this problem for me.  Spent almost...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LiseK --  Shaw is working on this problem for me.  Spent almost 2 hours with them yesterday online chat.

By communicating with Shaw, I think that you are on the right path. The volunteer contributors on this forum do try to help, or do post "I have the exact same problem" messages of support, but your issue needs assistance by Shaw Agents. Be persistent. If a Shaw Agent reaches the limits of their training, ask to be "escalated" to second-level employees.

0 Kudos

Hi. Yes it has been escalated to second level employee....

LiseK
Grasshopper

Hi. Yes it has been escalated to second level employee.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

I am experiencing the exact same issue. - On some recordi...

Tangroo
Grasshopper

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

- On some recordings, the picture freezes or is black, but the audio continues in the background.

- The issue happens at the exact same spot in the recording on separate iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).

- The issue does not happen in that spot on a Blue Curve box or on a computer.

- All devices fully up to date. iOS and the app versions are all the most recent.  I have also quit, re-opened, reinstalled, rebooted, etc etc  

The iOS app has been a hot mess since the last update. I have also experienced a different issue with recordings in progress not starting or resuming at the correct place. That has been reported separately. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help