Can't access webmail server

Tracy70
Grasshopper

I haven't been able to access the webmail service since 8:30am.  The e-mail app on my phone hasn't been able to access it and I haven't been able to log in through Shaw webmail either.  Is there a problem with the server?  Or are you able to offer any troubleshooting tips to help me resolve this?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
15 Replies

-- The e-mail app on my phone hasn't been able to access...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Tracy70 -- The e-mail app on my phone hasn't been able to access it and I haven't been able to log in through Shaw webmail either. 

Can you access other Shaw web-sites: www.shaw.ca / www.shawmobile.ca / www.shawbusiness.ca  to prove that your Internet connections are OK.

When you say "have not been able", what happened? What error-message(s) did you get?

> Is there a problem with the server? 

It is not just "one" server -- there are two. 

Shaw WebMail is a web-site, while the E-mail app on your phone does not access that specific web-site.  

If all else fails, contact Shaw Support: 1-888-472-2222, and make them earn the money you pay them, monthly.  🙂

Thanks mdk, for your reply.  I can access all other Shaw...

Tracy70
Grasshopper

Thanks mdk, for your reply.  I can access all other Shaw services, but my e-mail just keeps telling me it failed to connect and I don't get any message when I try to connect through the online webmail.

And you're right, I will try to call Shaw and get them to help fix the problem.  

Thanks again!

Not sure if this is related by I've been seeing webmail i...

hoffmann
Grasshopper

Not sure if this is related by I've been seeing webmail issues on my phone for over a week.

It wasn't until all my calendar events disappeared that I cared but still very frustrating. Was quite a panic trying to recover the calendar given the number of appointments I keep on there.

I have difficulty accessing webmail from my computer. It...

jv12
Grasshopper

I have difficulty accessing webmail from my computer. It just won't open. Does it matter what server I use. Presenly on Chrome.

-- within Chrome, click on the "dots" (near top-right cor...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jv12 -- within Chrome, click on the "dots" (near top-right corner) and click "help" and then "about Chrome", to see if will automatically update Chrome, to see if updating it helps.

Also, try connecting when using the Microsoft Edge web-browser.

Bit off a crap shoot. Sometimes it works, most time it do...

Myr1
Grasshopper

Bit off a crap shoot. Sometimes it works, most time it doesn't. Extremely frustrating

Can't log in - tells me "Unable to communicate with serve...

Vallo
Grasshopper

Can't log in - tells me "Unable to communicate with server"

-- when I get that error-message, I just leave that web-p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Vallo -- when I get that error-message, I just leave that web-page open for a while, and later click "Sign In", and it works.

So, it is NOT a problem with your computer. It is an intermittent "back-end" problem at Shaw.

When I try to log into Shaw Webmail using Chrome or Edge...

prjlnw
Grasshopper

When I try to log into Shaw Webmail using Chrome or Edge (a Chrome variant) I get the "Can not communicate with server" error, but when I try with Firefox - no problems. Maybe a an issue with the latest version of Chrome and Shaw's webmail app? No problem with Chrome accessing Shaw MyAccount or this community, just the webmail.

TALK TO US
We're here to help