I've submitted a ticket to our engineers to review this....

shaw-tony

@kenming I've submitted a ticket to our engineers to review this. Just to check, can you access https://www.vancity.com/ or https://www.canada.ca/home.html?

As for your TV, it may be a signal related issue, try the troubleshooting steps here and let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Hello, I can access those websites.  TV haven't try.

kenming
Grasshopper

Hello,

I can access those websites.  TV haven't try.

0 Kudos

> I don't want to use VPN, i want to back to normal. It's...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I don't want to use VPN, i want to back to normal.

It's too bad that you have chosen to "discard" a viable solution.

> Do you have any solution make me back?

Because you have exchanged your cable-modem, you should have a different IP-address, and you should be able to connect to those sites, unless the "Great Firewall of China" is blocking a "range" of IP-addresses, e.g., "24.68.1.1 through 24.68.1.255", and you have been "unlucky" enough that your new IP-address is 75% the same as your previous IP-address.

Please retry to access those web-sites, through your new cable-modem, and tell us the results.

Or, as mentioned in your other thread on this forum, use "Passthrough" mode on the cable-modem to get a second IP-address.

0 Kudos

Hi Tony, I'm having the exact same problem as Kenming. Ca...

Kai26
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,

I'm having the exact same problem as Kenming. Can you please loop me in to that ticket?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

-- I'm having the exact same problem as Kenming. What are...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kai26 -- I'm having the exact same problem as Kenming.

What are the URLs of those web-sites cannot be accessed?  What symptoms or error-messages do you get?

If you have a notebook computer or smart-phone, take it somewhere where the ShawOpen WiFi network is available to any Shaw customer, via their E-mail ID/password. At the same location, you should find the "Shaw Go WiFi" network -- which Shaw has created to be accessible to everybody during the COVID-19 pandemic -- no ID/password is needed. Can you access those web-sites while connected to that network?

Which cable-modem do you have? SurfBoard 5101? Hitron?  BlueCurve Total?

If a friend has a notebook computer or smart-phone, and can access those sites while they are at home, can they bring their device into the WiFi range of your cable-modem's WiFi network (preferably outside of your home), and connect to your network? Can they still access those sites?

Or, the opposite, if you take your notebook computer or smart-phone into the range of your friend's WiFi, and connect to it, can you access those web-sites?

0 Kudos

Hi  , My modem is Arris TG3482G. Basically I have the sam...

Kai26
Grasshopper

Hi @mdk ,

My modem is Arris TG3482G. Basically I have the same issue as Kenming, the pages he listed, and for example product.pconline.com.cn, zol.com.cn are not accessible, same error message after like a minute. While they do work through VPN and my cellphone data. I asked my friend and he does not experience any issue.

The reason VPN is not a good option that Kenming didn't mention is that if we use Chinese IP address (which most of us have), Google is banned, so that we have to switch back and forth.

It's probably not a good time to go out and try Shaw Go Wifi but I will if I get a chance.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

I can access those sites with the same modem. I wonder if...

rstra
Grand Master

I can access those sites with the same modem. I wonder if your vpn software messed with your network settings?

0 Kudos

Hi  , That's a good point as all my devices have this VPN...

Kai26
Grasshopper

Hi @rstra ,

That's a good point as all my devices have this VPN software. I have just tried to uninstall the VPN software and reset internet settings, unfortunately the issue persists.

Thanks though!

0 Kudos

There are huge websites I can't access as long as they lo...

kenming
Grasshopper

There are huge websites I can't access as long as they located in China. My current solution is using VPN to access those websites.

My friend brought her laptop to my home and she couldn't access them as well. My devices can access once they connected to my phone's hotspot. So I think my IP have banned by some reason, could you allocate me a new IP address? I think this is the easiest way to resolve this issue. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos

when you remove your VPN software entirely, are you able...

shaw-tony

@Kai26 when you remove your VPN software entirely, are you able to access the websites? Or do you have devices that do not have any VPN software to see if they are able to connect?

@kenming again, we are unable to change your IP. Only swapping the modem for a new one can do that. I've sent up a ticket on your behalf under NOC0070224. Can you provide me your CMD IPCONFIG /ALL information?

TALK TO US
We're here to help