Those "traceroute" commands are communicating with the we...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Those "traceroute" commands are communicating with the web-servers, but at the lowest level -- just "talking" to the network adapter, not interacting at a "higher" level, namely with the web-server software on those computers.

So, the "traceroute" shows that each computer is "reachable", but says nothing about the availability/performance of the web-server software.

> Internet security - McAfee LiveSafe

> We tried 3 different computers. Any computer that connects through the Wifi has the same issues with any website with log ins.

What operating system is running on each of those computers? Which web-browsers on each computer?

Do all the computers run "LiveSafe"? Is it possible to disable or uninstall this software, on one computer, and then try again?

On those computers, if you connect via Ethernet, instead of via WiFi, does it make any difference?

Can you try a different computer -- borrowed from a friend -- that has never before connected to your router?

> The computer wired to the router does not have any issues and can access the websites with no delay.

Is it also running "LiveSafe" ?

> I am thinking of resetting the modem

This is worth a try.

> changing channels possibly. 

It probably is not worth trying a different WiFi channel. It only affects the communication between the computer and the router.

Hello. All the computers are running different Internet s...

mtb_trailhunter
Grasshopper
Hello. All the computers are running different Internet security - some of them just windows defender. Computers A- McAfee Livesafe - access limited to all sites even when disabling anti Virus software Laptop 1 - no access to certain websites Laptop 2 - no access to certain websites Phone 1 on WiFi - no access to certain websites Phone 2 on WiFi - no access to certain websites Phone 3 on WiFi - no access to certain websites If I switch my phone to Hotspot and connect any of these devices through the hotspot then I can access all the problem websites. When I connect the laptops on the Ethernet cable then they are able to access all sites. New Device - Tried a new tablet and still had the same issues. I reset the modem with no success. Not sure what my next steps are as all signs are pointing to the WiFi aspect of the router? Are there any setting within the router that I can change to check the WiFi?
0 Kudos

very odd that it's only over WiFi. When you reset the mod...

shaw-tony

@mtb_trailhunter very odd that it's only over WiFi. When you reset the modem, are you completing a pinhole reset to factory settings?

0 Kudos

Yes very strange.  I completed a factory reset and had th...

mtb_trailhunter
Grasshopper

Yes very strange. 

I completed a factory reset and had the same issues. 

I have an old modem that I plugged into the shaw modem and now I can access any site via that WiFi signal. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the shaw modem.

0 Kudos

it is possible a faulty a modem or the IP got banned/blac...

shaw-tony

@mtb_trailhunter it is possible a faulty a modem or the IP got banned/blacklisted somehow from those sites. Touch base with our tech support for a swap to be sent out.

0 Kudos

I now have exact same problem, what do i do?

cjn14
Grasshopper

I now have exact same problem, what do i do?

0 Kudos

Be more specific.

rstra
Grand Master

Be more specific. 

-- what do I do? As  wrote:  Touch base with our tech sup...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cjn14 -- what do I do?

As @shaw-tony wrote:  Touch base with our tech support for a swap to be sent out.

But, @rstra is correct -- more details, either posted to this forum, or given when you connect to Shaw Support, would be welcome.

Hi there, I am having the exact same issue... I’m wonderi...

Fograyn
Grasshopper

Hi there, I am having the exact same issue... I’m wondering if / how you resolved this. I am also taking online classes and will need access my account tomorrow and the Shaw customer service is of no help so far.. thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos

Which sites are you unable to access?

rstra
Grand Master

Which sites are you unable to access?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help