It was a configuration problem.  The mail app setting for...

js711
Grasshopper

It was a configuration problem.  The mail app setting for Mobile Data was turned off. 

The solution I eventually got from Shaw was to set up the...

rinrat86
Grasshopper

The solution I eventually got from Shaw was to set up the email using exchange server. I dont really know or understand the pros and cons of exchange versus IMAP or other email setups. 

Since doing that I have not had the issue. Good luck

FYI: My solution, after reading this thread, was to chang...

jetranger
Grasshopper

FYI: My solution, after reading this thread, was to change the Outgoing Server settings.  I'm still using POP3.

Outgoing SMTP  server settings that worked for me.Outgoing SMTP server settings that worked for me.

Be sure to use whatever you have in front of the "@shaw.ca" part of your email address instead of the XXXXXXXXXXX shown above.  ie: if your email is john.doe@shaw.ca, enter just john.doe for the User Name in the last box. You should be asked for your email password when you try to send the first email but probably won't be again after that.  If it does ask again, you can check the 'remember password' box, or whatever is says to remember your password if you don't want to enter it every time.

This seems SO SIMPLE yet no one at Shaw Support is willing to provide even this simple and easy advice.  So disappointed with Shaw that I may just cancel all my services when my contract is up later this month.  I already have a complete install running in my home from their only competitor here.

0 Kudos

Does anyone have anything further to add here? I've tried...

spitoon
Grasshopper

Does anyone have anything further to add here? I've tried all the settings here and I'm at my wits end...

This started about 3 weeks ago. The occasional email would get stuck in the outbox. Initially I thought it only happened when I was roaming. I work all around YYC and surrounding areas so often in the day I'm in a roaming area.  Now it has gotten progressively worse to the point where I can't send any email at all, even when on full LTE. It only works if I'm connected to Wi-Fi. I can use webmail, but that is less than convenient.  This is happening on both my personal and work accounts (both @shaw.ca).  Happens even on a small email with just the text "test" in it.  I've deleted and reset the accounts countless times. Tried both IMAP and POP3.

Samsung Galaxy S20-FE

Outlook for Android

Android 12

I'm a shaw client on the Shaw network. 

I should add that I've had this phone since last November...

spitoon
Grasshopper

I should add that I've had this phone since last November and the Outlook app has worked fine until about 3 weeks ago.

More info. I figured I would try a different email client...

spitoon
Grasshopper

More info. I figured I would try a different email client. 

Loaded BlueMail (seems cool)...

Same problem. In fact it has more options for configuring the outgoing mail server and I couldn't get it to connect at all.  Kept saying ERROR- can't connect to server. Tried all manner of combinations of security, port, server name etc.

Seems to be a Shaw problem...

Spent some time on chat this evening with Shaw support. A...

spitoon
Grasshopper

Spent some time on chat this evening with Shaw support. As suspected they won't offer help.  They just say it must be an issue with the app...I've used 2 different apps, both work on WiFi but not on the cellular network.  

How can this be an app issue?

Your situation sounds a bit different from mine - I could...

rinrat86
Grasshopper

Your situation sounds a bit different from mine - I could send on cell data, and home wifi but not other wifi.

Have you tried setting up with the exchange server instead of pop or imap?

Otherwise I have no help.

0 Kudos

Thanks.   Strangely, sometime this evening it started wor...

spitoon
Grasshopper

Thanks.  

Strangely, sometime this evening it started working again.  

I had the idea to try on my wife's phone (iPhone) and it also didn't work. I got back on chat because there's just no way I could comprehend that it was an app problem.  I mean the app works on wifi, and doesn't work on cellular data on 2 different phones and 2 different apps (outlook and BlueMail).  (4 apps if you consider mine is android and the wife's is apple).

Anyways, in desperation I installed a third app (K-9) on my phone.  While setting it up, things started to work, and by work, I mean all the apps were working.

No idea if Shaw actually found something on their end (the tech claimed no), or the installation of the third app jogged something loose...

Weird...

Well, that lasted a day...not working again. I've tried 3...

spitoon
Grasshopper

Well, that lasted a day...not working again.

I've tried 3 apps now.  I can get past the incoming server settings but I can't pass the outgoing. 

No idea what to do now.  I really need functioning email for my business.  

I guess I'm resigned to webmail. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help