-- It just doest work across any mail app. Which mail app...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ThisIsJimmy -- It just doest work across any mail app.

Which mail app are you using?

The whole concept, namely "authenticating" to Shaw's mail-server, before trying to send through Shaw's mail-server, is supposed to work, when your device is NOT connected through Shaw Internet. 

Authentication is there to prevent spammers/scammers, connecting via their non-Shaw Internet access, from abusing Shaw's mail-server to spread their content.

Your E-mail client will need to support such "authentication". Which client?

0 Kudos

I can't say for others having the problems - especially s...

rinrat86
Grasshopper

I can't say for others having the problems - especially since some seem to be unable to send over data, where my problems have been sending over wifi (usually). I've had problems with gmail client, samsung email client, thunderbird for android, and whatever the mail client on iPad is.  All of them have had sections where I configure the authentication, all of them have had problems.

At some point maybe Shaw should stop pointing the finger at everybody and everything else and admit that there is some kind of problem with their authentication process.

If they had a mail client perhaps I'd use it, but I don't use webmail unless I am absolutely forced to because it really, really sucks, especially on a mobile device.

0 Kudos

Having same problem and tech support ladies have no clue....

nevinet
Grasshopper

Having same problem and tech support ladies have no clue. They say it's a third party and not their problem. 🤐

0 Kudos

-- when your device is connected to the Shaw network, you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@nevinet -- when your device is connected to the Shaw network, your computer can send E-mail to Shaw's mail-server, without the need for any additional "authentication" that authorizes you to send to Shaw's mail-server.

When your device is connected to some other network, your E-mail program needs to authenticate, by sending your Shaw ID and password to Shaw's mail-server, before that mail-server will accept your messages.

So, check the configuration of your E-mail program, to add that authentication.

0 Kudos

unable to access my computer nor the E-MAIL, unless i go...

dimaio
Grasshopper

unable to access my computer nor the E-MAIL, unless i go to incognito with I.D and Password, Shaw was unable to fixt my problem

it is been months frustrating ..................

0 Kudos

cannot authenticate and CHANGE PASSWORD OF R THE SERVER O...

Aquagem1030
Grasshopper

cannot authenticate and CHANGE PASSWORD OF R THE SERVER OUTGOING.

0 Kudos

-- what went wrong when you followed Shaw's instructions:...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Aquagem1030 -- what went wrong when you followed Shaw's instructions:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-set-up-your-shaw-email/ta-p/6497

?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help