Jump to solution

Canon wireless TR4520 cannot connect to wireless network.

serenalee
Grasshopper

Hi there, don't know if you can help me, but our new Canon TR4520 will not connect to our home wireless network, no matter what I try.  The printer  can locate our Hitreon router and can find the network name, but it does not ask for a password. The printer can 'read' all the wireless router addresses in the neighbourhood, and ask for a password to connect, but our home network, nope.

We restarted the router/followed the Canon instructions for each possible means of connection, and have just packed the printer in its box to go back to the store. But ... I thought I should check with you folks and see if you had any ideas on what to do. We have another house printer that works fine ...

WSS

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

HI All, I just made below setting change in my router and...

ashi2589
Grasshopper

HI All,

I just made below setting change in my router and it worked for me .

1. Login to http://192.168.0.1/
  2. go to  Manage WIFI
  3. Go to basic setting >> 2.4 G
  4. On the Right side you can see Multiple SSIS Settings
  5. Under that look for Auth Mode and select Auto (WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK)
  6. Click save changes
  7. Please make sure that WPS Enabled is Off.

Once you save changes it will restart the router, then you can search for the router in Printer, it will prompt of option WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK click ok and then enter the password and then all set to connect to printer and printer.

I am using Hitron- CGNM-2250 router.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Jump to solution

that is very odd. It may have just been an issue with the...

shaw-tony

@serenalee that is very odd. It may have just been an issue with the printer. A factory reset on the printer may help. I'd recommend swapping it for a new one and trying again since your other printer works.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am facing the same issue. It worked perfectly with my p...

bodhisattwap
Grasshopper

I am facing the same issue. It worked perfectly with my previous Telus connections

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I tired doing that as well but no luck....Still facing th...

bodhisattwap
Grasshopper

I tired doing that as well but no luck....Still facing the same issue

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If any of you have the HITRON cable-modem/router, define...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

If any of you have the HITRON cable-modem/router, define two WiFi networks -- one for the 2.4 GHz band, and one, with a different SSID, for the 5 Ghz band.

Then, to which network can your printer connect?

Also, have you checked the web-site of the vendor of the printer for newer firmware (software that runs inside the printer) ? Maybe, there is an update that may resolve the issue. Or, maybe a "FAQ" or "Support Note" that describes your problem for your model of printer?

Jump to solution

I've been having problems as well connecting some of my d...

Skyisthelimit
Grasshopper

I've been having problems as well connecting some of my devices after I "upgraded" to Shaw Blue Curve. What I have found is that your printer might be using "B" wireless protocol which Shaw no longer supports. Shaw only has G,N on 2.4ghz. I've reached out twice to technical support and both times they didn't even know that was causing my issues. I found that out from Fitbit. Check the specs on your Canon printer. 

Jump to solution

I just moved to a new house and now I am experiencing the...

Ming_C
Grasshopper

I just moved to a new house and now I am experiencing the same issue.

The new router I have is Hitron. My Canon printer can find the WIFI name of its screen. If I click on it, it will take the printer 1-2 minutes to process. The result is unable to connect with WIFI. The printer didn't even ask me the password of WIFI.

I brought my Canon printer to my friend's house (using Telus router), the printer can connect with the WIFI easily.

I am just wondering how I can fix this issue without buying a new printer?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did your issue fixed, I am also facing the same issue?

ashi2589
Grasshopper

Did your issue fixed, I am also facing the same issue?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

HI All, I just made below setting change in my router and...

ashi2589
Grasshopper

HI All,

I just made below setting change in my router and it worked for me .

1. Login to http://192.168.0.1/
  2. go to  Manage WIFI
  3. Go to basic setting >> 2.4 G
  4. On the Right side you can see Multiple SSIS Settings
  5. Under that look for Auth Mode and select Auto (WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK)
  6. Click save changes
  7. Please make sure that WPS Enabled is Off.

Once you save changes it will restart the router, then you can search for the router in Printer, it will prompt of option WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK click ok and then enter the password and then all set to connect to printer and printer.

I am using Hitron- CGNM-2250 router.

Thanks 

TALK TO US
We're here to help