Jump to solution

changing printer from 5 ghz to 2.4 ghz

wynford
Grasshopper

How can I change my wireless printer settings from 5 ghz to 2.4 ghz with the Ignite Home Connect app?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- a common thread on this discussion forum is how to "sp...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- a common thread on this discussion forum is how to "split" your cable-modem's WiFi into two networks -- one for 2.4 Ghz, and one for 5 Ghz.  Each network will have a different SSID.  Configure your printer to connect to the SSID of the 2.4 Ghz network.

Or, temporarily disable the 5 Ghz network. Then, configure your printer to connect to the only available SSID. Once the printer is connected to 2.4 Ghz, enable the 5 Ghz network.  Your printer will "stay" on the 2.4 Ghz network, until you power it off.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, you can disable band steering through the Rogers Hom...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jump to solution

That would be a printer setting.

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford  That would be a printer setting. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I couldn't find anything about that in the printer settin...

wynford
Grasshopper

I couldn't find anything about that in the printer settings.

What about changing the SSID? How do you do that?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- a common thread on this discussion forum is how to "sp...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- a common thread on this discussion forum is how to "split" your cable-modem's WiFi into two networks -- one for 2.4 Ghz, and one for 5 Ghz.  Each network will have a different SSID.  Configure your printer to connect to the SSID of the 2.4 Ghz network.

Or, temporarily disable the 5 Ghz network. Then, configure your printer to connect to the only available SSID. Once the printer is connected to 2.4 Ghz, enable the 5 Ghz network.  Your printer will "stay" on the 2.4 Ghz network, until you power it off.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, you can disable band steering through the Rogers Hom...

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford  Yes, you can disable band steering through the Rogers Home Connect app.

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/how-to-ensure-bandsteering-is-on-for-the-ignite-wifi-gateway...

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

For mdk and rstra : thanks guys got it working, printer i...

wynford
Grasshopper

For mdk and rstra : thanks guys got it working, printer is on 2.4 GHz and my laptop, Fire TV stick and iPhone are all 5 GHz

Jump to solution

-- if you are satisfied with the replies, please click "A...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- if you are satisfied with the replies, please click "Accept As Answer", to indicate that you have no further need for help with your issue.  You may click on more than one reply.

0 Kudos