Jump to solution

I had the same issue - changed my modem/router to the Hit...

derekandjodi
Grasshopper

I had the same issue - changed my modem/router to the Hitron, and my printer (Epson Workforce 840 wifi-only) stopped working. It failed the MAC address filtering check even though no devices were showing as being filtered on the modem.

Tried allowing the printer as a managed device (didn't work), tried assigning it an IP (didn't work).

What *did* work was to change the Auth Mode under the Wireless SSID settings from WPA2-PSK to Auto (WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK) for the network the printer was on (the 2.4G one; I left the 5G one alone). This resulted in no errors on the printer side, but I had to remove and add the printer in Systems Preferences (Mac OSX High Sierra) to get my computer to recognise that the printer was idle and no longer offline.

Jump to solution

Thank you for this!!!! I spent many hours trying to get m...

amdavis
Grasshopper

Thank you for this!!!! I spent many hours trying to get my printer to work with this (new to us) Shaw modem/router with no help from SHAW.  I was told to contact printer manufacturer for support!!!  

Jump to solution

Thank you as well for this! Spent many hours as well and...

roc1965
Grasshopper

Thank you as well for this! Spent many hours as well and its unfortunate Shaw tech support won't help with this basic tip

Jump to solution

Have the same issues. Just got a newer modem from Shaw. (...

SLJ
Grasshopper

Have the same issues. Just got a newer modem from Shaw. (Hitron) Canon pixma TS5020 no longer is able to connect to wifi. It sees the IP address ok but will not let me enter the wifi password. Also the Flashair card for the embroidery machine no longer works. I have updated all firmware and drivers for the canon with no luck. Have reconfigured the the Flashair card as well. Printer and Flashair card cannot connect to wifi. Both MacBooks and window laptops. Samsung tablet and iPad all can connect. I have tried the WPS push method. Also tried turning WPS off and under Auth mode selected Auto (WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK)  Tried deleting and then re adding the printer. Nothing seems to work. Annoying more than anything else. Am using a printer cable now to connect the printer when it is needed.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SLJ -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

Have you read the previous posts to this thread, and have you tried what worked for another contributor?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you. Yes I have read the other posts, and used some...

SLJ
Grasshopper

Thank you. Yes I have read the other posts, and used some of their ideas to attempt to solve the issues without success.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you! same as below spent hours trying to figure it...

yakabuskifamily
Grasshopper

Thank you! same as below spent hours trying to figure it out and spoke to Shaw support who told me to call printer company - your solution worked! Shaw should figure this out.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you so much!  I’ve struggled for days. Even returni...

Roxi
Grasshopper

Thank you so much!  I’ve struggled for days. Even returning another printer. 
This worked!!

Jump to solution

How do you change from WPA2-PSK to Auto (WPA-PSK or WPA2-...

peaceful
Grasshopper

How do you change from WPA2-PSK to Auto (WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK) on the Hitron modem/router? My interface only shows WPA2-PSK, there is no other option for Auth Mode. (Security Mode allows WPA-Personal or Open.)

I phoned support and they changed it from their end and my printer can now connect to wifi, but on my interface on http://192.168.0.1/ it still shows as WPA2-PSK.

CGNM-2250-SHW Router - Hitron TechnologiesCGNM-2250-SHW Router - Hitron Technologies

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I spent hours trying to get t...

Miley1
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue. I spent hours trying to get the HP printer to work, spent  a long time with the HP rep trying to connect as well. At the end, he said it is my Hitron router/modem (CGNM-2250). Was so frustrating to waste all that time on something that should be so simple. I will contact Shaw as well now that I see it has worked for you. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help