Connecting my wireless printer to my new wifi modem

Jean2
Grasshopper

My printer was working with Shaw's old modem.  I now have a new Shaw modem and need to connect my printer.  After 2 weeks of trying (shaw won't help because it's not their printer) (printer manufacture no longer supports the machine.) I have not been successful.  The printer searches for the SSID and finds a network, but not the network I am using.  Also, the printer does not have an Ethernet slot. HELP!

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Have you tried Shaw Support's Connect a Wireless Printer...

mdk
Grasshopper

Have you tried Shaw Support's Connect a Wireless Printer page?

What is the make/model of your printer?

What wireless protocols (A? B? G? N? AC? 2.5 Ghz? 5.0 Ghz?) does it support?

Can you connect your smart-phone to the SSID of your network?

0 Kudos

Every thing else works fine on wifi but when we got the n...

Susandoodle
Grasshopper

Every thing else works fine on wifi but when we got the new modem, the printer won't connect to wifi says "setup failed" MAC filtering check fail

0 Kudos

It may be due to a change in your wifi speed. This happen...

McJ
Grasshopper

It may be due to a change in your wifi speed. This happened to me when I upgraded my speed. Try connecting your printer to your computer using a USB port and then open your printer software and add your printer again. I was able to accomplish this using Printers & Scanners under Preferences (I have an iMac) because I don't have the proper software installed for my printer. I don't have the BlueCurve modem tho, just the older one.

0 Kudos

> the printer won't connect to WiFi says "setup failed" M...

mdk
Grasshopper

> the printer won't connect to WiFi says "setup failed" MAC filtering check fail.

Every device (printer, computer, laptop, mobile device) with a network adapter (wired or wireless) has a unique "MAC" address -- not at all related to the "Mac" computers manufactured by Apple.

One method of adding "security" into your Shaw router is to explicitly "allow" a short list of MAC-addresses to connect to your router.  Any attempt by some "other" [unknown] device to connect to the router will then be "filtered" out, even if the correct password for the router's SSID has been specified.

So, check the configuration of your router, either to add the printer's MAC-address to the "allow" list, or to temporarily disable all MAC-filtering, and then retry to connect.

Or, check the configuration of your printer, because it may do its own "filtering", to prevent "unknown" devices from printing onto it.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?