What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Do you notice...

shaw-tony

@RRM wrote:

I am SOO frustrated with the exact same issues- it is making me crazy! C'mon Shaw- You have to do better....

What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Do you notice disconnects on both ethernet and WiFi connections?

0 Kudos

I solved mine. Just bring your modem as close to the main...

Rjpvjr
Grasshopper

I solved mine. Just bring your modem as close to the main coaxial cable in the basement. As much as possible Use less splitter. 

I've been having disconnection issues about 5 or 6 times...

seamacke
Grasshopper

I've been having disconnection issues about 5 or 6 times per day, day or night, for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes.  What I noticed is that my wired connections drop constantly through the day, while wireless connections seem to be fine. I have several computers on an internal network that experience this. I have tried:

• changing out the internal router that connects to the bluecurve router
  • connecting directly to the bluecurve router with a switch and without a switch
  • using a different bluecurve router in another house I own with different equipment
  • used different computers with different OS (Windows 10, Windows 7)
  • had a tech out to the house to inspect the line/modem etc.
  • Spent time on several Shaw calls, texts, and tech visits.

It has been 9 months now, and I'm still having these issues.  This is really crazy.  I can't believe a product like this made it to market.

0 Kudos

I checked your account and see the signal is solid. Based...

shaw-tony

@seamacke I checked your account and see the signal is solid. Based on your set up, do you have the BlueCurve modem in bridge mode? If the BlueCurve modem is not in bridge mode and a secondary router/switch is plugged in, it can cause an IP mismatch. IP mismatch is likely the cause of your random disconnections. Do you notice the same issues when there are no 3rd party devices attached?

0 Kudos

thanks for looking into the problem.  I don't seem to hav...

seamacke
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony thanks for looking into the problem.  I don't seem to have the issue any more.  I didn't make any changes.  My router is not in bridge mode and I'm using the WiFi and wired connections.  I'll monitor for the issue. If it pops up again I'll try bridge mode.

This is constantly happening to me. I wake up, internet i...

Digidorphus
Grasshopper

This is constantly happening to me. I wake up, internet is down, come home from work, down again.

CONSTANTLY drops. Sometimes back to back to back. It doesn't matter. I disconnected every single device in my house, and I watched the modem disconnect with no activity. I've had 4 techs come to my house, the coax cable runs directly from outside to the modem/router provided by Shaw, no splitters. They've replaced my cables, my modem twice, and every single time they say the coax is "waffled" which is bull, since the cable is prepared by YOUR techs.

Can Shaw fix this issue? Or do I go to Telus or a 3rd party provider? 
Because as of right now, I'm paying to be frustrated with a terrible service, and even worse customer service.

0 Kudos

Oh no, that is definitely not the best experience! I chec...

shaw-anthony

@Digidorphus Oh no, that is definitely not the best experience! I checked your account and see there is some upstream signal issues to your modem which may be causing the disconnection problems. We certainly want this fixed as a maintenance technician may be required. I'd be happy to book you a service tech. Feel free to DM me here.

0 Kudos

Im having the same issue here, been having it for months....

Vincepvill
Grasshopper

Im having the same issue here, been having it for months. For the past few weeks I could solve it by unplugging the coax cable from the coax outlet but now even that does not fix the problem anymore. Streaming netflix is such a hassle and playing online games are now impossible. Happens mostly during night time - 11pm onwards. I am seriously considering switching to telus as soon as possible if that fixes this problem. 

0 Kudos

> Happens mostly during night time - 11pm onwards.  See S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Happens mostly during night time - 11pm onwards. 

See Shaw's Service Updates and Outages page, to see if your "11 PM onwards" (12 AM Pacific???) issues correspond with a posted item.

0 Kudos

I solved all my problems by putting the modem/router in b...

Danwbe
Grasshopper

I solved all my problems by putting the modem/router in bridge mode and buying my own router. Very easy to put it in bridge mode. ( the BlueCurve modem/router)

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help