-- my neighbors ... said they had issues with Shaw in the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Trickishaura -- my neighbors ... said they had issues with Shaw in the past also. 

Was Shaw able to resolve their issues, promptly, or are those issues still outstanding?  How far in the past?

In the past, I had an issue with my automobile, and the dealer fixed it.

In the past, I had an issue with my computer, but I fixed it myself.

As the stockbroker says, "past performance does not guarantee future results".

Well I had the 4 technician plus a plant tech here yester...

Trickishaura
Grasshopper

Well I had the 4 technician plus a plant tech here yesterday normally after they are here things are good for a couple days then I the connection starts dropping again. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything stays connected. 

0 Kudos

I have exact internet issue. Is ur issue now resolved?

BadInternet
Grasshopper

I have exact internet issue. Is ur issue now resolved? 

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BadInternet -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

If you have connectivity issues, contact Shaw Support: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat

to get them to trouble-shoot. Ask the Shaw Agent to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the incoming "signal-strength" that reaches your modem. Any "poor" signal-strength will cause issues.

0 Kudos

This is really frustrating, I am in Okotoks and every cou...

ivolsak
Grasshopper

This is really frustrating, I am in Okotoks and every couple of days, my router just disconnects from the Internet. As I am working from home, it is really frustrating. I contact your support every time, and all you can do is to ask me to reboot router? I am really considering to go to Telus.

0 Kudos

-- Shaw does keep a history of every time that you contac...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ivolsak -- Shaw does keep a history of every time that you contact them. Ask the Shaw Agent to review the "history".

Then, ask the Agent if they can ship a replacement cable-modem to you, under the assumption that your cable-modem has intermittent issues. You can "self-install" it, when it arrives (Canada Post). You may have to contact Shaw, with the serial-number of the new cable-modem, before you connect it, so that they can "activate" it on their network.  Later, if you still have problems, contact Shaw, and tell them that replacing the cable-modem did not improve anything. Ask for a technician to be booked for a site-visit, to check the cables from your home to the nearest telephone-pole. 

Note that a Shaw Agent can remotely logon to your current cable-modem, to view "signal strength", and other measurements being kept inside the device.  Poor signal-strength will cause issues.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help