Jump to solution

Data Usage reset date, Warcraft Question, & TV

ChipmunkChill
Grasshopper

Hi. I actually went over my limit and normally I don't do that. I asked if I could pay for a top up for one month and they said no. They offered a bundle package which at the end of 2 years would of been quite expensive for me. Since I'm disabled and living alone. I went over my limit for the first time as far as I'm aware. After I just bought a new computer I'd saved up for on sale for boxing day. I also got a monitor and was trying to test it for gaming. A bit impossible without a game installed. So I downloaded part of WoW again but only to playable. But it still fetches the odd file and also windows updated something though I had auto-update shut off. This put me over limit.

Is the reset day the 1st or the 2nd? I'm assuming it's today(2nd) and have started to download the rest of the game. Since on our usage stats page it always says Month 1st day to next month 2nd day. Meaning last months should be clear because 1 and 2nd day overlap for overages, etc. So is it the 2nd? Otherwise I'm even farther over my limit when I intended to stay within it. Maybe I should of waited until the 3rd before downloading.

As for the monitor I got when I bought the computer it was wrong for me. At 24in with IPS it was a nice monitor but since I sit within 30in to 35in of my screen it has viewing issues. So I took it back and I'm awaiting a 21.5in screen which was one of the smallest I could find. It has some blue light protection and with my sitting distance it should improve things. Visually I was seeing pixilation and lines in the screen on the 24in Acer Sa240y and now it's a different one so hopefully that will be gone. I usually stayed under my 65G limit to about 30 to 45G at most until the new system, reinstalls, etc. But does anyone know what WoW bandwidth is on average some say 10M per hour which is something like 2G usage a month.

I also recently bought an antenna I won't get until around Jan 23 to early feb for only $5 including shipping with a 200mile range. I checked and my building doesn't have an apartment antenna and the one stations it looks like I wouldn't get that I wanted was CW11. I looked at basic cable but it doesn't include that making it less useful. So in the future I might go to the Internet 50 or 300 plan. Since that is way cheaper than internet 5 with total TV. I wondered what happened to the TV plans that let you buy a few extra channels. We are back to massive channel plans or tiny. The tiny feature what you can get with an antenna anyways. My tv doesn't have wifi or ethernet plug to do streaming though I could do it off my new desktop. It uses uhd630.

For streaming TV off a desktop people really want a double graphics card system. One dedicated to computer stuff and the other TV. Also nothing off of VGA that is over 60Hz because between 80-100Hz it will fry some video cards or overheat onboard video. I used to work in R and D which is how I know. Anyone know what the deal is on 50 or 300 internet? Especially if you get rid of the TV. I know it has the online listing but it keeps wanting me to see only the total TV option packages. It also doesn't say what customer loyalty is for 50 or 300 internet if you have been with Shaw over 20 years.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Your data usage cycle resets along with your billing cycl...

shaw-valerie

@ChipmunkChill Your data usage cycle resets along with your billing cycle, so if your Shaw bill normally covers the 1st to the 30th/31st, then your new data usage period would start on the 1st. There's not really a cause for concern though, if this is the first time this has happened. We don't charge you for data overages on your residential internet service, you just may be required to upgrade your service package to a level that suits your needs if you are continually exceeding the usage included in your plan month after month. 

Our current TV plans available would just be Limited TV and Total TV, you can view the channels included in those packages in this document. If you wanted to add additional channels to either of those plans, you can find more info on channel add-ons on this page. Currently, it would be $4/month to add The CW 11 (KTLA).

For plans including only internet service, check here for more details. If you have any further questions on our plans or want to make changes to your account, get in touch with an agent here, and they can go over everything with you! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jump to solution

Your data usage cycle resets along with your billing cycl...

shaw-valerie

@ChipmunkChill Your data usage cycle resets along with your billing cycle, so if your Shaw bill normally covers the 1st to the 30th/31st, then your new data usage period would start on the 1st. There's not really a cause for concern though, if this is the first time this has happened. We don't charge you for data overages on your residential internet service, you just may be required to upgrade your service package to a level that suits your needs if you are continually exceeding the usage included in your plan month after month. 

Our current TV plans available would just be Limited TV and Total TV, you can view the channels included in those packages in this document. If you wanted to add additional channels to either of those plans, you can find more info on channel add-ons on this page. Currently, it would be $4/month to add The CW 11 (KTLA).

For plans including only internet service, check here for more details. If you have any further questions on our plans or want to make changes to your account, get in touch with an agent here, and they can go over everything with you! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help