Jump to solution

UPDATE: Spent over 5 hours with Shaw support (two differ...

lorendawe
Grasshopper

UPDATE:

1. Spent over 5 hours with Shaw support (two different days and 4 different techs) on the phone, they finally gave up and sent a technician.
  2. No help from tech (surprise), but I demonstrated the problem and pointed him toward this post. He said he would submit to higher ups but who knows?
  3. A bit more research shows that xfinity, Rogers and any users having the XB6 modem are having the same problem:
    - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Delayed-Ethernet-Connection/td-p/3394865#
    - https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Delayed-Ethernet-Connection-Wake-from-Sleep-XB6/td-p/...
    - https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/170800-ethernet-slow-connect-after-sleep-reboot-2.html

SOLUTION: From what I gather, the only real solution is to upgrade to the XB7 modem which does not seem to have this problem. Not sure if Shaw has any of these but my next step will be to jump back into the Shaw support quicksand and see if they can send me a XB7.

**** AGAIN -  SHAW PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD - WE AT LEAST DESERVE SOME FEEDBACK FROM YOU!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hey Guys, looks like Comcast pushed a fix to the XB6 mode...

VSAT123
Grasshopper

Hey Guys,

looks like Comcast pushed a fix to the XB6 modem for the delayed Ethernet connection problem. My PC(s) experienced the Ethernet delayed connection issue since early Jan 2021 (after I powered off to relocate) and this morning (Feb 8, 2021) I noticed the problem is gone. Checked the XB6 logs and it looks like there was an event this morning at 04:20.

Thank you Shaw/Cpmcast for resolving this issue.

Jump to solution

I have been noticing this delay after awakening my PC fro...

bmoliver
Grasshopper

I have been noticing this delay after awakening my PC from sleep mode for some time now and just discovered this forum topic on the subject.  I have the Shaw Blue Wave modem and indeed it takes my PC about 37 seconds to reconnect to the internet after awakening from sleep.  I just power rebooted the modem this morning and tried it again with no success.  It still takes about 38 seconds to reconnect.  Modem software is shown below:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- SHAW PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD  This is a peer-to-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lorendawe -- SHAW PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD 

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support, although a very few Shaw employees self-identify when they contribute. Thanks to "Tony" and "Valerie".

While reading this, scroll-down to see:

Capture-Shaw-Your-Voice.JPG

Then, click the "Your Voice" hyperlink to make official contact with Shaw, if your ongoing contacts with Shaw Support (telephone or online-chat) don't resolve your issue.

Jump to solution

Ok, I did what you suggested above.  Thanks.

bmoliver
Grasshopper

Ok, I did what you suggested above.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Several posts down, a Shaw moderator asked for examples t...

rstra
Grand Master

@bmoliver Several posts down, a Shaw moderator asked for examples to be sent to him, have you done that?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I don't see the Shaw moderator post you are referring to.

bmoliver
Grasshopper

I don't see the Shaw moderator post you are referring to.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-discussions/delayed-e...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Mine takes about 30 seconds for the CPU to reduce to <5%...

bmoliver
Grasshopper

Mine takes about 30 seconds for the CPU to reduce to <5% busy after waking from sleep.  If I then plug the ethernet cable in, it takes about 30 seconds for the internet to be available.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

About 6 seconds for me from release to renew. Getting int...

bmoliver
Grasshopper

About 6 seconds for me from release to renew.

Getting internet after waking from sleep takes from 30 to 35 seconds.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help