Jump to solution

Thank you Tony!

joman
Grasshopper

Thank you Tony!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Crazy amount of spam coming through the last couple weeks...

margomay
Grasshopper

Crazy amount of spam coming through the last couple weeks...been a shaw cusomer for years and this is a new issue/change in their filtering. 

Jump to solution

--  this is a new issue/change in their filtering I disag...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@margomay --  this is a new issue/change in their filtering

I disagree. I think that it is a spammer who is using some techniques that the Shaw filters were not catching.

Because the spammer's E-mail lacks words like "widow" & "African prince" & "millions" & "modalities" & "transfer", the remaining words are not matched by the filters.

When I view the E-mail headers of the messages that I received, the E-mail ID in the "Reply-To" header is always the same. So, I added my own "filter" to look for that characteristic.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks Tony. However, I have been marking these emails wi...

skvanb
Grasshopper

Thanks @shaw-tony.

However, I have been marking these emails with Reply to 'support@puredigitalpros.com' as spam for weeks now, as I assume have many others. It just keeps coming.

I am unclear as to why I should need to be creating a filter for this. If your filters can truly 'learn' or if any resources at Shaw are actually attempting to limit spam then why has Shaw not starting filtering these emails weeks ago?

I understand that I can create a filter for this but why should I need to create my own spam filter for emails with a clear pattern that Shaw should have started to filter as spam weeks ago?

Jump to solution

I haven’t found anything in common with these emails to b...

rstra
Grand Master

I haven’t found anything in common with these emails to be able to create an effective filter. The email addresses are all different and nonsense, they purposely misspell the common keywords and they use images. In the meantime, I will keep marking them as spam and hope that Shaw can come up with an effective solution. Interestingly, none of these email are hitting my Gmail account.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I haven't found anything in common ... Hint: view the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- I haven't found anything in common ...

Hint: view the E-mail headers, and check the "Reply-To" tag.  For me, it never changes.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I see that, but I can't find an appropriate filter for th...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk I see that, but I can't find an appropriate filter for the "Reply-To" address. From doesn't work, because it is always a random email. 

How have you created your filter?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- how have you created your filter? A picture is worth 1...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- how have you created your filter?

A picture is worth 1K words ...

Capture.JPG

The "Reply-To" field is not one of the "default" choices, so I just added it.

Jump to solution

Perfect, I will give that a try...thanks!

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Perfect, I will give that a try...thanks!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Sent these examples to reportspam@shaw.ca

joman
Grasshopper

Sent these examples to reportspam@shaw.ca

spam_examples.JPG

TALK TO US
We're here to help