Jump to solution

Would it be better to use Blocked email option under pref...

joman
Grasshopper

@mdk Would it be better to use Blocked email option under preferences, or the filter you set above?

They only allow 100 blocks in preferences.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- the spammer continually changes the FROM field, but, s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@joman -- the spammer continually changes the FROM field, but, so far, has never changed the REPLY-TO field.

So, it is way better to filter on a non-changing value.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Sent these examples to reportspam@shaw.ca Two of your...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@joman -- Sent these examples to reportspam@shaw.ca

Two of your examples cite "puredigitalprods". So, you could add a filter for that string in the FROM field.

I have been in contact with "Enterprise.co.uk" (an international car rental/hire company). Either the password for their "contact" E-mail ID has been hacked, or the spammer spoofed that ID. Their response is just the standard "do not click any links in the E-mail; just delete it". Seemingly, they were not entertaining the possibility that their ID has been hacked.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I’m getting these spam mails every hour now. They are so...

bkushner
Grasshopper

I’m getting these spam mails every hour now. They are so obviously spam I am surprised Shaw can’t fix this.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm sorry for the ongoing frustrations with this. Our ema...

shaw-tony

I'm sorry for the ongoing frustrations with this. Our email teams are investigating this matter with the examples I've provided up. Your patience is appreciated while we get this resolved.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- so obviously spam What makes it "obvious" ?  The spuri...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bkushner -- so obviously spam

What makes it "obvious" ? 

The spuriously-inserted apostrophe (') ?

The fact that the "body" of the E-mail does not contain any words -- only HTML code that links to a web-site containing an image that your brain processes & decodes as words?

The fact that the "Reply-To" tag always seems to contain "support@digital..." ?

Within your E-mail (or Shaw WebMail) you can create "filters" for the apostrophe, or for that string contained in the "Reply-To" field.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have created at least 15 filters. If Shaw can’t filter...

bkushner
Grasshopper

I have created at least 15 filters. If Shaw can’t filter out these obvious spam filters I am  done. I have to keep this email address though for a couple accounts unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I created that filter, but now the spam seems to have sto...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk I created that filter, but now the spam seems to have stopped, but I know it works because I ran the filter on existing email.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I just realized that the Filters and Blocked emails that...

joman
Grasshopper

@mdk I just realized that the Filters and Blocked emails that I setup in Shaw Webmail preferences only work when email is accessed directly via the Shaw Webmail website.  Maybe that is the way it works, but I was hoping that these Spam preferences for filters and blocks would apply to the email account even when accessed via the Mail app in Windows 10 or Outlook.

spam1.JPG

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Microsoft Outlook uses "rules" for filtering.  Example...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@joman -- Microsoft Outlook uses "rules" for filtering.  Example:

Capture.JPG

QED

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help