Jump to solution

Didn’t receive any emails because webmail was full. How can I get those missing emails? Probably all senders were not notified that I didn’t receive their emails. , Didn’t receive any emails because webmail was full. How can I get those missing emails? Pr

someonehelpme
Grasshopper

I noticed that didn’t  receive any emails yesterday to my shaw.ca address for about half day because one of senders tried to send me messages which never arrived. The reason was, my shaw webmail account was full so I had to delete most of old messages. The pronlem is, I missed many email messages yesterday and all senders didn’t even get undelivered message, so there is no way for senders to know that their messages were not delivered to me. Is there any way that I can recover those missing email? They were very important to me. I hope someone help me. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Didn’t receive any emails because webmail was full. How can I get those missing emails? Probably all senders were not notified that I didn’t receive their emails. , Didn’t receive any emails because webmail was full. How can I get those missing emails

Not applicable

I've run into this before as well with another email service, so I get where you're coming from here. Unfortunately, if an inbox is full, you'll have to ask the senders of any emails to re-send the emails now that you've cleared up some space in your inbox. Depending on how their mail clients were setup, the email senders may have received a bounce-back email stating their emails could not be delivered, but this isn't always the case.

I know this isn't ideal, but it's similar to how your post office isn't able to continue stuffing a P.O. box full of mail if there's no physical space left in it. If the post office staff make an exception, or have a method for holding mail in this situation, then post office staff might hold the mail outside of your P.O. box somewhere else in the building until there is sufficient space to place it into your P.O. box.

However, most post offices don't have the space or proper policies for these provisions, so rather than risk the undelivered mail from getting lost, stolen, or otherwise mis-used, they'd return the mail to the sender, marked as undeliverable. The benefit to email is that an email client usually says why an email can't be delivered, while I know a lot of post offices just return mail as "undeliverable" without explaining why.

Just ask anyone who may have intended to send you an email while your inbox was full to re-send those emails, and they'll come through now, assuming there's enough space to receive them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

Re: Didn’t receive any emails because webmail was full. How can I get those missing emails? Probably all senders were not notified that I didn’t receive their emails. , Didn’t receive any emails because webmail was full. How can I get those missing emails

Not applicable

I've run into this before as well with another email service, so I get where you're coming from here. Unfortunately, if an inbox is full, you'll have to ask the senders of any emails to re-send the emails now that you've cleared up some space in your inbox. Depending on how their mail clients were setup, the email senders may have received a bounce-back email stating their emails could not be delivered, but this isn't always the case.

I know this isn't ideal, but it's similar to how your post office isn't able to continue stuffing a P.O. box full of mail if there's no physical space left in it. If the post office staff make an exception, or have a method for holding mail in this situation, then post office staff might hold the mail outside of your P.O. box somewhere else in the building until there is sufficient space to place it into your P.O. box.

However, most post offices don't have the space or proper policies for these provisions, so rather than risk the undelivered mail from getting lost, stolen, or otherwise mis-used, they'd return the mail to the sender, marked as undeliverable. The benefit to email is that an email client usually says why an email can't be delivered, while I know a lot of post offices just return mail as "undeliverable" without explaining why.

Just ask anyone who may have intended to send you an email while your inbox was full to re-send those emails, and they'll come through now, assuming there's enough space to receive them.

TALK TO US
We're here to help