Are you guys related? @mdk's suggestions are completely o...

julesdeb
Grasshopper

Are you guys related? @mdk's suggestions are completely out to lunch. I have state of the art. Period. In every way. You should do better!

0 Kudos

-- Are you guys related? Participants in this forum have...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@julesdeb -- Are you guys related?

Participants in this forum have aliases. My alias does not match my name. Not all participants in this forum self-identified on the latest Canadian Census forum as "guys".

I suppose that if you go back to Noah's Ark, then @rickatk and I are related.  🙂

>  @mdk's suggestions are completely out to lunch. I have state of the art. Period. In every way.

Personal attack aside (scroll-down and click on "House Rules"), you have a problem. If it is not within your bailiwick:

• the speed of your computer's CPU
  • the speed of your computer's network card
  • the speed of your connection (WiFi or Ethernet) to the Shaw cable-modem,
  • any hardware or software problem within the cable-modem,
  • any problem with the tightness of the connections of the coaxial-cable connecting the cable-modem to the wall-socket,
  • any problems with any "splitters" (wall-socket to splitter, and splitter to cable-modem, and splitter to PVR),
  • any problem with the coaxial-cables inside the walls of your domicile,

then the problem must be "elsewhere":

• any problem with the coaxial-splitter inside Shaw's "demarcation" box, on the exterior of your home,
  • any problem with the coaxial-cable between that box and the nearest telephone-pole,
  • any problem with Shaw's infrastructure up-and-down your street, that may also be affecting your neighbour's Shaw connections.

It is for these last 3 bullet-points that we are advising you to contact Shaw, because it could be "their" problem.

Continued rants on this peer-to-peer discussion forum are not going to resolve your issue. Contact Shaw.

0 Kudos

no offence intended...”you can do better’ by that I mean...

rickatk
Master

@julesdeb no offence intended...”you can do better’ by that I mean Shaw’s gear can do better for you.

I suggest a site visit from two Shaw tech to investigate the goings on leading up to your residence and behind the wall. I had a similar visit a couple years ago and the techs checked everything out. They walked around with wifi signal checkers, made a few adjustments added some heavy jumper cables just to be sure my network was pristine. That was back when pods were first coming out and Wireless TV Players were on the horizon. I am glad they came and did what they did. Now my whole setup is wireless IPTV and is running very well with a XB7 gateway at the centre of the network.

Something is wrong and you need assistance in a form more than we can provide in this forum. Additionally @mdk has some good troubleshooting suggestions.

Good luck sorting things out.

@mdk ...you crack me up!

0 Kudos

Umm, you are the one that insulted me. Apologize. 'You ca...

julesdeb
Grasshopper

Umm, you are the one that insulted me. Apologize. 'You can do better'.

0 Kudos

Yes Telus is far better. People who stream need it. Shaw...

julesdeb
Grasshopper

Yes Telus is far better. People who stream need it. Shaw is for Netflix and TV couch potatoes LOL

0 Kudos

Well after I asked to you not to respond to me your ego j...

julesdeb
Grasshopper

Well after I asked to you not to respond to me your ego just could not let it lie and you had to do it.

You provide no assistance on this forum. I understand that you are looking for employment with Shaw and intend on using your answers that direct all queries to Shaw support as proof of your customer service potential.

I went on this forum thinking there are intelligent people who can solve problems. Epic fail!

FYI, last tech support I chatted with from Shaw did not understand what a network bridge was. These people are likely Humber College flunkies who can read 1st year level docs. THey read scripts and blame the equipment of the user, as you and your 'help' does.

I knew you were cracked up when I read your comments. What a waste this forum is. You need to leave it as it cannot work as it is.

0 Kudos

-- I told you to read the House Rules. Quote: Any posts...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@julesdeb -- I told you to read the House Rules.

Quote:

• Any posts that are deemed to be offensive, inappropriate, obscene or otherwise unwelcoming will be removed to preserve a healthy online community environment.
  • We are all responsible for cultivating a positive and respectful community by being courteous and friendly with one another.
  • We encourage honesty and transparency, but let’s all stay away from any sort of inflammatory language. 
  • Threads created with the appearance to incite anger or negative reactions will be closely monitored and subject to editing or removal. If you have a complaint or concern, please take the time to phrase it in a constructive manner.

Until you actually have had Shaw technician(s) do a site-visit, please do not post here.

All the advice that is appropriate has already been posted.

I truly hope that you can do better than continuing to rant on this forum.

0 Kudos

Or what? Is this YOUR forum? Please advise on the steps t...

julesdeb
Grasshopper

Or what? Is this YOUR forum? Please advise on the steps to file a complaint against you. You are rude and offensive.

I truly hope you find therapy as you are accusing people of being idiots in an indirect techno babble way. It is obvious what you are doing and it fits Shaw's profile that you are "Grand Master". Even that title says a lot about you. Amazing. Grand Master indeed! LOL

0 Kudos

-- Please advise on the steps to file a complaint. Look...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@julesdeb -- Please advise on the steps to file a complaint.

Look for the nicknames that start with "Shaw". Some of them are employees of Shaw, and some of them are "moderators" on this forum. Contact a moderator. Show them your posts, e.g., you are rude and offensive, and let them judge your body of work.

The titles used by this forum's software, e.g., "grasshopper" and "master" and "grandmaster" reflect the ranking of each participant.  They are borrowed from a Kung Fu movie of a generation ago, where the young pupil is called "grasshopper", and is under the tutelage of a Kung Fu "grandmaster" -- "snatch the pebble from my hand". There was a TV series, too. Go to IMDB, and search for "David Carradine".

Grasshopper, please compare to the Star Wars series, where young pupils (Obiwan & Anakin) were taught by a "master".

0 Kudos

So I take it that the Shaw forum is run by juvenile minds...

julesdeb
Grasshopper

So I take it that the Shaw forum is run by juvenile minds pretending to be Kung Fu or Star Wars characters?
You can do better.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help