Email disappears in large groups from inbox.

fleurymd
Grasshopper

Email disappears in large groups from inbox. The latest spanned from July 2017 - Mar 2019. Using Outlook. Have called in before with no explanations or restoration by Shaw. What is going on? I need those emails.

Labels (1)
13 Replies

Re: Email disappears in large groups from inbox.

rstra
Grand Master

Have you checked webmail? Are they gone from there as well.

0 Kudos

fleurymd
Grasshopper

Thanks for taking the time. Yes, webmail shows the same.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey fleurymd,

Thank you for reaching out! There may be several causes of why that might have happened. Do you have your emails synchronized to any other devices other than Outlook on your PC?

Also, do you see emails available older than July 2017? Can you try and recover your emails with the steps here to see if that brings them back? Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

fleurymd
Grasshopper

Thanks Tony. Emails only go to home pc...I receive many and don't want them to hog devices. Yes, I tried recovery but they were never in the "deleted" file.

A couple years ago I was on the phone with Shaw Tech support and a huge number of emails just evaporated as we spoke. The tech watched having access to my pc. The tech was shocked and had no solution. The one coincidence is it happens after Shaw notifies me of "close to limit". I reduce inbox. Then it appears Shaw just wipes out a vast amount . It is really difficult to hide a gap in my inbox that covers monthes/years?

I thought this was "my" mail??

shaw-tamara

What server settings are you using in Outlook? IMAP or POP3?  You can find more info about the difference on  https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1056

0 Kudos

Somewhere around Dec 20, 2019, I lost all emails between...

rubblehat
Grasshopper

Somewhere around Dec 20, 2019, I lost all emails between April 1, 2017 and Dec 20, 2019 (and yes, they are missing from webmail)...leaving behind messages from 2012 to 2017.  Shaw support has no interest, simply saying they don't support 3rd party clients (Outlook 2007 connected via POP), so whatever happened is not their problem.  I've used Shaw and Outlook for nearly 20 years without a problem... so what's changed?

> 3rd party clients (Outlook 2007 connected via POP) > I'...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> 3rd party clients (Outlook 2007 connected via POP)

> I've used Shaw and Outlook for nearly 20 years without a problem... so what's changed?

Microsoft terminated all support for Outlook 2007 in mid-2017.

Did Outlook create an "archive" mailbox (on your local disk-drive), and then move a bunch of messages from your INBOX folder to that ARCHIVE folder? If it did, then Shaw WebMail will not show that ARCHIVE folder, since it exists only on your computer, not on Shaw's mail-server.

0 Kudos

me too i lost all my emails on my computer and phone . i...

Enlightened777
Grasshopper

me too i lost all my emails on my computer and phone . i had to log into my shaw web mail account to see them

0 Kudos

All my shaw email files have disappeared How can these fi...

mike_pipes
Grasshopper

All my shaw email files have disappeared

How can these files be restored?

\

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help