Email disappears in large groups from inbox.

fleurymd
Grasshopper

Email disappears in large groups from inbox. The latest spanned from July 2017 - Mar 2019. Using Outlook. Have called in before with no explanations or restoration by Shaw. What is going on? I need those emails.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Re: Email disappears in large groups from inbox.

rstra
Grasshopper

Have you checked webmail? Are they gone from there as well.

0 Kudos

fleurymd
Grasshopper

Thanks for taking the time. Yes, webmail shows the same.

0 Kudos

Hey fleurymd,

Thank you for reaching out! There may be several causes of why that might have happened. Do you have your emails synchronized to any other devices other than Outlook on your PC?

Also, do you see emails available older than July 2017? Can you try and recover your emails with the steps here to see if that brings them back? Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

fleurymd
Grasshopper

Thanks Tony. Emails only go to home pc...I receive many and don't want them to hog devices. Yes, I tried recovery but they were never in the "deleted" file.

A couple years ago I was on the phone with Shaw Tech support and a huge number of emails just evaporated as we spoke. The tech watched having access to my pc. The tech was shocked and had no solution. The one coincidence is it happens after Shaw notifies me of "close to limit". I reduce inbox. Then it appears Shaw just wipes out a vast amount . It is really difficult to hide a gap in my inbox that covers monthes/years?

I thought this was "my" mail??

0 Kudos

What server settings are you using in Outlook? IMAP or POP3?  You can find more info about the difference on  https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1056

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?