Email from a fellow shaw suscriber now identified as SPAM

Jayneedmonton
Grasshopper

Email from my daughter's Shaw account is now coming to my Shaw account marked as SPAM. I have set up filters as well as made her address "trusted" (which other programs identify as whitelisting) so I am getting her emails. Is this mis-identification originating with Shaw or my daughter? Any solution other than the ones in Preferences?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

that is certainly odd. Her email may have been flagged de...

shaw-tony

@Jayneedmonton that is certainly odd. Her email may have been flagged depending on the content she sent or how many emails she has sent for the day (limits to reduce spam). Are you still noticing this if you remove her from your whitelist?

0 Kudos

White list

Jayneedmonton
Grasshopper

I "whitelisted" her email address when her messages started going into the Junk folder. On your suggestion, I removed her address from the whitelist aka "Trusted Addresses" to see what would happen. Her messages again were identified as spam and began going into the Junk folder. I have now whitelisted her again. By the way, Shaw webmail website seems to use the term "Trusted Addresses" with no reference to whitelisting and "Junk" rather than spam for the folder name. Instructions that use terms other than those used at Shaw webmail only add to confusion, I fear.

0 Kudos

hmm, that is odd. Can you DM me her email address so I ca...

shaw-tony

@Jayneedmonton hmm, that is odd. Can you DM me her email address so I can take a further look? It may be something in her email signature or attachments that are marked as spam. I apologize for the confusion, I have passed the feedback along to our Shaw Support content team to review and update.

0 Kudos

DM

Jayneedmonton
Grasshopper

How would I do that. I have no wish to post her email address for all to see! Thank you.

0 Kudos

I'll send you a direct message on here. Which should show...

shaw-tony

@Jayneedmonton I'll send you a direct message on here. Which should show up here when you are logged in.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help