Jump to solution

Email: How to delete old emails from the server? I'm getting a warning that I'm maxing out the email quota. How to I delete all the old emails?

Not applicable

I am receiving a QUOTA WARNING.   The tech said I have to delete emails - from the server -   How to do that?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- I want to delete 2000.  Within Shaw WebMail, click onc...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Alex344 -- I want to delete 2000. 

Within Shaw WebMail, click once on the first message to be deleted. Scroll-down the menu of messages. Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard, and click on the last message to be deleted. For me, I can highlight 275 messages -- not just 25. Then, press the DELETE key on your keyboard to move all those messages to your "Trash" folder.  Then, "empty the Trash folder".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: Email: How to delete old emails from the server? I'm getting a warning that I'm maxing out the email quota. How to I delete all the old emails?

shaw-tony

Hey srosewall,

Thank you for reaching out! To delete emails from the server, you will need to log into Webmail. You can then follow the steps here to remove your older emails. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Do folders count toward my quota? in other words can I ce...

jimreader
Grasshopper

Do folders count toward my quota?

in other words can I ceate quoat room by moving messages to a folder?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hey  I see you have posted a similar question here. I hav...

shaw-tony

Hey @jimreader I see you have posted a similar question here. I have provided the answer there.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This does not answer my question. You give me a warning a...

Alex344
Grasshopper

This does not answer my question. You give me a warning and I can empty trash en masse but to delete other stuff I have to go page by page i.e. 25 items at a time,

I want to delete 2000. It can be done but it is tedious,

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have the same question. Did you ever get an answer? I c...

jasall
Grasshopper

I have the same question. Did you ever get an answer? I can't believe this is so hard. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I want to delete 2000.  Within Shaw WebMail, click onc...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Alex344 -- I want to delete 2000. 

Within Shaw WebMail, click once on the first message to be deleted. Scroll-down the menu of messages. Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard, and click on the last message to be deleted. For me, I can highlight 275 messages -- not just 25. Then, press the DELETE key on your keyboard to move all those messages to your "Trash" folder.  Then, "empty the Trash folder".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

This method of holding the shift key no longer works on m...

dpeder
Grasshopper

This method of holding the shift key no longer works on my computer.   How do I get that function back??

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- the "click" on one item, and then "shift-click" on som...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dpeder -- the "click" on one item, and then "shift-click" on some other item, should highlight all the items in that range, whether you are using the Windows "File Explorer" app, or any E-mail client program.

So, open "File Explorer" (or open your "Recycle Bin"), and try the "click", move the mouse pointer, and "shift-click", to confirm that this method of highlighting is still working. For this experiment,  do not press DELETE while many items are highlighted.  🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help