This is affecting my 81 year old mother. It has been driv...

EpicJamesM
Grasshopper

This is affecting my 81 year old mother. It has been driving her crazy.  She cannot be expected to use incognito or clear cache just so she can get into her email.  

I don't use webmail often, but I got the "Unable to communicate with login server." message just a few minutes ago logging into my account.

@shaw Support, please escalate this to the webmail product owner as it is a problem that needs to properly investigated and fixed permanently.   Thanks

0 Kudos

-- please escalate this to the webmail product owner  I d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@EpicJamesM -- please escalate this to the webmail product owner 

I doubt that this is a problem with the WebMail software.

When I get the "unable to communicate with login server", I just wait a few SECONDS (not MINUTES) and click again on "Sign In".

This bypass works for me.

It seems to be an issue of the "login server" being too slow to respond (overloaded? on a congested network?) to my first click, but does respond to my second click.

For another "communication" issue, watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvrh73BVraE

The volume-level is quite low, but it demonstrates the difference in response times between the interviewer (compare to the WebMail page) and the guest (compare to the login server). 

0 Kudos

Nice explanation of the problem but no solution.  Perhaps...

gordonbrow
Grasshopper

Nice explanation of the problem but no solution.  Perhaps the login server should be upgraded or the congested network examined.  This has been going on for some time - very poor service. 

I have noticed the login issue on this site as well, usua...

rstra
Grand Master

@gordonbrow  I have noticed the login issue on this site as well, usually have to wait and try again later. Thought about reporting it to Shaw, but they would want to me to power cycle my modem, reboot my computer, and then would eventually want to send a service tech to the house.

0 Kudos

-- [Shaw] would want to me to power cycle my modem, reboo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- [Shaw] would want to me to power cycle my modem, reboot my computer, and then would eventually want to send a service tech to the house.

Did the Shaw Agent actually give that information to you, or are you just speculating?

When I called Shaw about the message, I was told that it is a system-wide issue that Shaw is working to resolve it.

0 Kudos

When I call them they have never said that it is a system...

XCoach
Grasshopper

When I call them they have never said that it is a system wide issue that they are working on.

They want me to cycle the modem, reboot my computer, delete cache and images and then reboot again. And when it still doesn't work then they tell me to have my computer checked out!! 

0 Kudos

I have this problem as well, but the issue just seems to...

stewy604
Grasshopper

I have this problem as well, but the issue just seems to be with the Opera web browser (my default).  Works fine from Chrome.  Have tried clearing the cache, etc...

I've also had this issue for some time. I had an online c...

lloyd7
Grasshopper

I've also had this issue for some time. I had an online chat with Shaw support on Nov. 6 and they told me it is a known "technical glitch". Why they haven't fixed it by now is ridiculous. 

-- this past week, when I receive that "cannot connect" m...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lloyd7 -- this past week, when I receive that "cannot connect" message, then I re-click on "Sign In", and it works.

Why they haven't fixed it by now is ridiculous. 

If the fix were "easy", I think that Shaw would have fixed it by now.

This issue has been affecting me for months now. reboot/r...

c2colton
Grasshopper

This issue has been affecting me for months now.

reboot/restart/clear cache/multiple browsers/private mode/turn off and uninstall anti-virus/etc. all steps still lead to the same result - "unable to communicate..."

This has been recorded as a major problem going back a few years and yet the Shaw techs still have not been able to narrow down the cause of this problem?

Would really like to have this issue fixed as this really slows down my day when I have to wait and get continually frustrated with this issue.

TALK TO US
We're here to help