Same here. It started in May or June of this year for me....

omar222
Grasshopper

Same here. It started in May or June of this year for me. Shaw is a joke.

I haven't been able to log in at all today on my laptop. Par for the course with Shaw. Luckily I can go to my desktop and Outlook works fine so I'm not totally without.

But seriously. How long can this go on before Shaw actually does something about it.

I have a other web based email providers (Gmail, yahoo and Zohomail ) all work flawlessly with no cache or antivirus issues.

Get your act together Shaw.

You get it Gordon, thanks.    Thank you for confirming th...

EpicJamesM
Grasshopper

You get it Gordon, thanks.  

@mdk Thank you for confirming the problem exists.

This is an ongoing issue that is not getting the proper attention.  "Live with it" is not a solution. 

My Mom, 88 years old, has been having this same issue for...

arjay
Grasshopper

My Mom, 88 years old, has been having this same issue for 6 months. My guess is that Shaw does not have enough servers in the farm. Shaw has gone downhill, fast. 

0 Kudos

-- ... having this same issue for 6 months. Recently, the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@arjay -- ... having this same issue for 6 months.

Recently, the issue has been much less common. For me, a second "click" on "Sign On", one or two seconds after getting the error-message, has worked.

> My guess is that Shaw does not have enough servers in the farm.

The error-message implies that the "authentication" server needs an upgrade, because too many of Shaw's farm of servers are overloading that "single-point-of-failure" server.

0 Kudos

It's been months for me as well. Very annoying. Now I hav...

loyal_user123
Grasshopper

It's been months for me as well. Very annoying. Now I haven't been able to access webmail for days and looking here for any new suggestions. I had contacted support months ago and they said it was an ongoing issue that they were working on. WORK HARDER! I am not getting what I am paying for. 

I have found that if I open an incognito window and sign...

XCoach
Grasshopper

I have found that if I open an incognito window and sign on to email from there that I don’t have the problem.

Problem is that when I get an email with a link , and I click the link, that it opens in the incognito window. But my password keeper won’t work there so I have to copy the url and paste it into a normal browser window to be able to have access to my password.

but at least I have reliable access to my email…….

I've had this problem many times.  Each time I connect wi...

kjchaplin
Grasshopper

I've had this problem many times.  Each time I connect with a Shaw tech agent, they tell me the same things - clear your cache, use incognito, etc.  none of those things ever work.  Then at some point later in the day, Webmail magically works again, meaning it's a Shaw technical issue, not something with my computer or browser as the tech people always try and say it is.  It would be nice if Shaw would fix this ongoing problem, but even nicer if the tech support people would stop feeding us BS and admit it's a Shaw problem.

-- yes, it is a "technical problem" within Shaw's servers...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kjchaplin -- yes, it is a "technical problem" within Shaw's servers.

You send your ID & password to Shaw's WebMail server.

That server sends your info to Shaw's "authentication" server.

Either that server does not respond, or it is so slow to respond that the WebMail server reports "unable to communicate". 

The issue got more common in late 2022. In 2023, I still occasionally get the error-message.  Repeating the "click" on "Sign In" usually is successful.  

One might think that Shaw has "tuned" the WebMail server and the authentication server to address the issue. Either a longer "wait" for the authentication server to respond, or a faster authentication server.

It is disappointing that some Shaw Agents put their customer through useless "hoops", when there is nothing wrong with the customer's computer or with the cable-modem. A friend had a Shaw Technician make a site-visit to replace the cable-modem, to no effect.  Such a waste of time & resources!

0 Kudos

This problem only happens on a laptop of desktop.  Never...

kjchaplin
Grasshopper

This problem only happens on a laptop of desktop.  Never on my iPhone with Safari.  I use Google Chrome as my main browser, but have had the same issue on Edge as well.

0 Kudos

C'mon Shaw. Act like you care about customers and fix th...

omar222
Grasshopper

C'mon Shaw.  Act like you care about customers and fix this issue.  It has been going on for months.

Again I can't get in to my email this morning.  My go to solution lately has been incognito tab to "fool" Shaw into letting me into MY email.  But today that doesn't even work.   The login page just aborts to an error page after it times out.  Again, no email this morning.

Also (probably related) my Windows Mail that I use on my laptop stopped replicating shaw email a few days ago.  It is one thing after the other with SHAW.

Now i will try Edge. Next I will clear the cookies. etc.  always a long process to get shaw email.  Luckily I am part way through converting to gmail but still a lot of work to go there.  Then I can move off of Shaw altogether as a customer!!  freedom!!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help