-- please read my message, on this thread, from a week ag...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@omar222 -- please read my message, on this thread, from a week ago.

It seems like one Shaw server (the WebMail server) is not quickly connecting to another Shaw server (that authenticates your E-mail ID & password), and so you get "unable to communicate".

Since I am not a Shaw employee, I cannot investigate the "why" for the slowness.

I still get the error-message, but much less frequently than a month or two ago. Usually, my next "click" on that "Sign In" button gets me logged-in.  To me, that implies that my web-browser, and its cookies, are NOT the issue.

0 Kudos

Im getting the same thing and yes super annoying.

jcampbellkids
Grasshopper

Im getting the same thing and yes super annoying.

0 Kudos

-- when I get the "unable to communicate" message, I just...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jcampbellkids -- when I get the "unable to communicate" message, I just click a second time on the "Sign In" button.  This works every time for me. I have not "deleted cookies" or changed any settings on my computer -- I don't know why Shaw Agents keep suggesting it.

Yes, some moron at Shaw insisted that I had to download C...

Doncam
Grasshopper

Yes, some moron at Shaw insisted that I had to download Chrome too. I logged on to "My Shaw" with Firefox and clicked on webmail and logged on with no problem. This is a Shaw programming issue that has been around for years and they refuse to fix it, blaming their customers instead.

-- This is a Shaw programming issue that has been around...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Doncam -- This is a Shaw programming issue that has been around for years

I disagree, unless you count "2022" and "2023" as two "years".  I do not remember having the issue during "2021".

they refuse to fix it,

I disagree. While Shaw has not completely eliminated their programming issue (their WebMail server is slow to get a response from their authentication server), my second "click" on the "Sign In" button does work.  Yes, it is inconvenient.

> blaming their customers instead.

I disagree. They do not "blame" their customers, but the Shaw Agents need more training, and they need to place less reliance on their pre-written "scripts" ("clear cache and delete cookies") that do not solve the issue.

LIke every other company, Shaw probably is under-staffed, and have difficulty training the new hires, especially to follow the proper procedure to "escalate" any issue they cannot solve to the 2nd-level support experts.

I too was glad to recently discover (by accident) that cl...

maryniak
Grasshopper

I too was glad to recently discover (by accident) that clicking twice does the trick -- not all the time, though. Using the incognito window is also a mostly successful workaround. All in all, I'd much rather continue to deal with Shaw than Telus or Rogers... Also wondering whether we will live to see the astronomical rates ever come down for Canadians in general.

0 Kudos

I spent 45 minutes on the phone a few months ago and was...

ingridjp
Grasshopper

I spent 45 minutes on the phone a few months ago and was told not to use Edge so I used Google Chrome.

Now I'm getting the same problem again!!  Can't log in on either my laptop or my phone.

0 Kudos

-- can you logon to the My Shaw Portal, and change your E...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ingridjp -- can you logon to the My Shaw Portal, and change your E-mail password, and then try using the new password to logon to Shaw WebMail ?

0 Kudos

I've had the same problem for months now.  It happens on...

Aniver
Grasshopper

I've had the same problem for months now.  It happens on mobile device, Windows 10, Windows 7 and regardless of using Chrome, Edge, or Firefox (clearing caches). I had a bit better luck running browsers in comparability mode, but not much.  It happens on my Windows 10 system which I recently upgraded to BlueCurve Fibre+.  I persevere and stubbornly keep clicking until eventually the login goes through.  Sometimes I get in right away, and the worst so far has been just over 30 clicks.  That implies to me that there is a communications bottleneck on the server that runs the webmail; that Shaw isn't giving it the attention or upgrade that is needed. I really don't want to move to some other web-based mail but it is beyond ridiculous.

0 Kudos

I tried to ping webmail.shaw.ca, and I get an ip address...

Aniver
Grasshopper

I tried to ping webmail.shaw.ca, and I get an ip address followed by 'Destination host is unreachable'. When I ping mail.shaw.ca or imap.shaw.ca or smtp.shaw.ca, I get an ip address followed by response times.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help