Jump to solution

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work either; I have gone thr...

Rese
Grasshopper

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work either; I have gone through my settings over and over to make sure I've got them right, and still no luck. My password strength is very high, and I even changed my password again to make sure that's not the problem. I don't know if it's a glitch with Apple or with Shaw, but it's very frustrating. Thanks for the heads up that the server won't work outside the Shaw network, ugh.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I also cannot now get my shaw account to Send emails. Thi...

windward
Grasshopper

I also cannot now get my shaw account to Send emails. This is a sudden change. Does anyone have advice on how to fix?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Does anyone have advice on how to fix? Show us your c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@windward -- Does anyone have advice on how to fix?

1. Show us your current settings.
  2. Tell us the exact date/time of your failed attempts to send.
  3. Look in your E-mail program's "Outbox" for messages that have not been sent.  
  4. Review/delete the OLDEST message -- it may be blocking the other messages.
  5. Have patience. Did the issue "self-correct"?
  6. Make Shaw earn your monthly payments to them, by calling Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222)
  7. Hire a mobile technician of the "geek-with-a-jeep-have-knowledge-will-travel" variety.
  8. Find a computerphile friend, and bribe them with beer & pizza.
  9. Check the "Shaw Outages" pages, to see if Shaw posted an outage in your region.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Gosh, this issue has been brutal. I literally spent the...

BarbaraB202
Grasshopper

Gosh, this issue has been brutal.  I literally spent the last two weeks trying to get my Shaw e-mail to send from my Macbook and contacting Shaw's tech support.  All my settings were as per their website, the video links their tech support would share, and what people are noting in these forums.  Could receive e-mails just fine, but not send.  Webmail worked fine both ways, ditto for iPhone and iPad, just not my Macbook.  Someone here suggested earlier to send outgoing to smtp.shaw.ca instead of mail.shaw.ca.  It's against what Shaw tells us in all their instructions.  For me, ultimately it came down to two things:

1) If you have multiple Shaw e-mail accounts on your Macbook, it will not recognize mail.shaw.ca as the outgoing server on more than one account.  That seemed to be the interference in preventing me from sending e-mails from my Shaw accounts.

2) All I did was:

- Keep the outgoing server on my main Shaw e-mail account as mail.shaw.ca

- Changed the outgoing sever on my secondary Shaw e-mail account to smtp.shaw.ca

And now it all works again.  Go figure.  I normally don't post in these forums, but as I was at my wit's end and actually called Shaw tonight to cancel all my services after 26 years (aside from this issue my internet's been crazy slow for months, tech support has become non-helpful, and rates keep going up way faster than inflation), I figured I'd share with others struggling with the same.

Jump to solution

Dec 12, 2022: For the past 12 years, I've had so many pro...

Presto
Grasshopper

Dec 12, 2022:

For the past 12 years, I've had so many problems with Shaw mail and Apple devices.  It has reached the point that I only use Shaw mail for a few things and rarely send out email using it (just subscribe to newsletters, basically).  However, you need to have the outgoing server working in your mail application on the Apple Device to add your account only to receive emails.  The trouble is that the solution also varies from device to device, operating system to operating system, and mail application to mail application.  Very frustrating and Shaw really needs to learn how to use Apple systems since they are so prolific (News flash: It's not just a Windows world any longer!).

Anyway, the Shaw instructions on the latest OS for Mac and iPhone work using the native Mail application, MS Outlook for Mac, and Spark Mail.  BUT they don't work for Canary Mail, as I discovered today after thinking all of this nonsense was in the past! Buried in this multi-year string of messages was a hint to use smtp.shaw.ca as the outgoing server with the port set as 25 and Security turned off (only a risk if the hacker is basically right beside you monitoring your WiFi the whole time).  Those settings work in Canary Mail, which I'm trying out because it is more secure, offering encryption (so good luck to any hackers), read receipts, etc. and is relatively affordable.

So in most instances this solution works just fine: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-use-shaw-internet-services-with-apple-products/t... but in some situations use the following for your outgoing server:

Username: email address WITHOUT @shaw.ca 

Server: SMTP.shaw.ca

Port: 25

Security: OFF (not SSL)

Allow Insecure Certificate: OFF

Incoming server: as recommended by Shaw using instructions above.

I hope this is helpful.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I get emails all the time that won’t send. Says enter you...

Shan25
Grasshopper

I get emails all the time that won’t send. Says enter your password. It’s ridiculous. I as we’ll get the run around from Shaw. It’s their protocol that is not working, not Apple. So every other day I have emails stuck in my Outbox that won’t send even after repeated tries. 
i was actually told by a shaw technician that the mail app on iPhones isn’t made to run Shaw webmail and that I should only use shaw webmail on a computer!!!!

maybe with Roger’s buying Shaw we’ll get some service 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Says enter your password.  Is your device connected (w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Shan25 -- Says enter your password. 

Is your device connected (wired or wireless) to a Shaw cable-modem, or is your mobile device using "data" to connect over a cellular provider?

Have you enabled "the outgoing mail-server requires authentication" ? That would require you to enter the correct password for your Shaw E-mail ID.

stuck in my Outbox

Move the first of those "stuck" messages to a different folder, to see if the remaining messages can be sent.

won’t send even after repeated tries

Yes, computer software is "repeatable", fortunately.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help