-- what is a bull pen ? On a farm, it is an area surround...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Meeny1 -- what is a bull pen ?

On a farm, it is an area surrounded by fencing. It is sometimes called a "corral" or a "pen".

When herding, if the (female) cows are not directed to be inside the "pen", then it is only the (male) bulls that have been directed to the inside of the "bulls' pen".

Watch where you step inside an empty pen. The bulls can leave their odoriferous excretions ("bull s*it") on the ground. Also, the females similarly produce "cow-pies", which can be enjoyed in an unexpected way:

One of the most popular forms of pseudo-entertainment is a cow chip throwing contest. Contestants select a suitable candidate from a collection thoughtfully provided by the sponsors. Cow pie throwing is more art than science, but the goal is to fling said "meadow muffin" into the air and aim for distance.

Yee-haw!  🙂

0 Kudos

I forgot to mention another place where males gather in a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

I forgot to mention another place where males gather in a "bull pen" -- it is a Major League Baseball term for a fenced-in area where the "spare" pitchers, catchers, and pitching coaches, gather, warming-up during the game, while waiting for the team's manager to call them into active service.  Of course, there are baseball teams composed with female players, but the term "bull pen" still is used. Female ice hockey teams have positional players informally called "defensemen", not "defense-women".

0 Kudos

What's going on? I'm in Victoria BC and I can't get email...

Soshin
Grasshopper

What's going on? I'm in Victoria BC and I can't get email notifications from my public library! The library is sending out notifications, I have added their email to my contacts, and yet I still don't receive important notifications about due dates, and hold availability.

Please fix this Shaw!

0 Kudos

-- Please fix this Shaw! First, welcome to this peer-to-p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Soshin -- Please fix this Shaw!

First, welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

So, it's not likely that anybody from Shaw Support will respond to your request.

Second, have you configured your Shaw Email to "allow" any "suspected junk" messages to reach you, or is your ID configured to silently delete those messages?

Third, have you checked your "Junk Mail" folder within your Email program?

Fourth, are you sure that the E-mail ID registered with the Public Library is correct?

Can you create a free "live.ca" or "hotmail.com" or "yahoo.ca" ID, and ask the Public Library to send to that ID?

Fifth, contact Shaw Support ( www.shaw.ca/chat ) or 1-888-472-2222 to get them to trouble-shoot.

0 Kudos