Fake Survey / Poor Customer Service

thunderhouse
Grasshopper

I too received that fake survey. I was just going to send Shaw an email to report but Shaw does not have email as a contact us option anymore. So they have "Messanger"...I do not subscribe. They have "Twitter"...I do not subscribe. So now my options are down to chat or telephone. For the chat it took 29 minutes to get a live agent then was grilled for PIN/Passcode to verify my account. Name, phone number and Shaw account # was insufficient. I did not have a PIN but I typed in the fraudulent website and the page content in the chat box anyway. The live agent told me it was a fraud..Do you think? have no idea whether the live chat agent, "SHUBHAM from PEI", would address the fraud or not. For the telephone, I called 1888-472-2222 customer advisor that the live agent provided me. The message gave 2 options they would send me a text or I could wait on the phone for the net available agent with a 2 hour and 10 minute wait. I just hung up. I call back in 30 minutes. I discover that if you ignore picking option 1 or 2 and wait out the 3 or 4 iterations of option 1 or 2, you are eventually asked if you would like a call back. A call-back was indicated in 35 minutes. It took over 60 minutes for the call back and then no one answered. Finally I just gave up. I realize that covid-19 is causing many issues but this non-existent customer service is unacceptable. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Forward the email to internet.abuse@sjrb.ca https://suppo...

rstra
Grand Master

> was grilled for PIN/Passcode to verify my account. Name...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> was grilled for PIN/Passcode to verify my account. Name, phone number and Shaw account # was insufficient.

I am glad that Shaw takes those precautions to prevent a scammer from "hijacking" my Shaw account.

From CBC"s "GoPublic":  Toronto-area man out $2,775 after e-transfer fraudsters impersonate him on email 

That man was impersonated. I want Shaw to prevent me from being impersonated, by asking appropriate questions.

The latest scam seems to be fraudulent "porting" of one's cell-phone number to another provider. This allows "two-factor" authentication to be sent to the scammer's phone.  If the scammer can login to your online banking, using two-factor, then all your money can be taken.

0 Kudos

I guess you did not get it. I agree with you about the se...

thunderhouse
Grasshopper

I guess you did not get it. I agree with you about the security but I wasn't trying to get into my account. I was just trying to report a scam to Shaw.

-- I was just told, via online chat, that internet.abuse@...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- I was just told, via online chat, that internet.abuse@sjrb.ca is "only for internal use", and that I must use "reportspam@shaw.ca".

About 3 days after trying to send to the former ID, I get a "connection refused" and "message too old" response.

They were wrong, it is used for reporting phishing emails...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk They were wrong, it is used for reporting phishing emails, the other is for reporting spam. Or they should update their webpage, but I have been using it for years.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/recent-fraudulent-messages-and-phishing-attempts/ta-p/6...

-- they should update their webpage, If the Shaw Agent t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- they should update their webpage,

If the Shaw Agent that I chatted with is correct, then you are correct.

> but I have been using it for years.

Me too, but it has stopped working, no matter if I send from my Shaw E-mail ID, or through some other ISP.

About 3 days after trying to send to that ID, I get a message reporting "connection refused" and "message too old".

0 Kudos

I just sent a test message, will let you know what happens.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk I just sent a test message, will let you know what happens. 

The following message to {aup@prdcg4aupl01.oss.prd} was u...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

The following message to {aup@prdcg4aupl01.oss.prd} was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:  5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) '[Errno 61] Connection refused'

0 Kudos

Yup, I just got the same message. Maybe  could get someon...

rstra
Grand Master

Yup, I just got the same message. Maybe @shaw-tony could get someone to look at this.

TALK TO US
We're here to help