Fiber Internet

Not applicable

Hi Im wondering about shaws fiberplus service and wondering how its installed and how much its cost.

Thanks

4 Replies

Re: Fiber Internet

Hey mattchew,

Thank you for reaching out! I believe you are inquiring about fibre to the home? Shaw FibrePlus is our fibre optic backbone across Canada. As for fibre to the home, we currently have this in select apartment/condo buildings. If your building has fibre to the home, you can contact our customer service team at 1-855-216-6392. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Not applicable

So If it a house and it doesnt have fiber coming in yet can i still get it hooked up to my home and also would it cost more then cable or same pricing ?

0 Kudos

Hello,

We currently do not offer fibre to the home, aside from select buildings where it has already been installed as Tony mentioned above. That said, if you need something faster than our residential Internet 600 package, we do have Gigabit internet available from Shaw Business. You can find more information on pricing by visiting https://business.shaw.ca/internet/businessinternet

0 Kudos

rickatk
Grasshopper

mattchew wrote:

So If it a house and it doesnt have fiber coming in yet can i still get it hooked up to my home and also would it cost more then cable or same pricing ?

I wouldn’t be too worried about the so called last mile being fibre. With Docsis 3.1 you will get the same kind of connectivity and throughput as competitors fibre solutions. There is a lot of marketing hype around fibre. Check out the details by searching for Docsis 3.1. 

When it comes to your area and you want really fast connection, check out “gigabit service.”

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?