Forums suggestion: please add your suggestions for features in this forum

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

I will start by adding feedback regarding Shaw's website and this forum.We need a section for each of this.

Secondly, the Shaw outage and maintenance section should automatically adjust the service update notices and times based on your time zone thru your IP address. 

16 Replies

Another feature I would like to see is notification how l...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

Another feature I would like to see is notification how long one has to edit their post before the ability disappears. Or better yet, don't eliminate it. Instead, have a remark automatically inserted like in most forums that the post was edited on a specific date and time. 

It's like every time I make a visit, there's something I...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

It's like every time I make a visit, there's something I think needs fixing with the site.

Looks like the old issue remains with "Service Updates and Outages". I see the dates are all over the place. We have April 8 on top, mixed in between is April 2 and April 6 and 7 sandwiched among them.The dates should all be in chronological order. It makes no sense to me why they aren't as sorting should be a basic feature.

0 Kudos

I would like see threads with no activity for thirty days...

rstra
Grand Master

I would like see threads with no activity for thirty days to be closed.

0 Kudos

All posts should be editable till the post is locked.

rickatk
Master

@Upfront6891 wrote:

Another feature I would like to see is notification how long one has to edit their post before the ability disappears. Or better yet, don't eliminate it. Instead, have a remark automatically inserted like in most forums that the post was edited on a specific date and time. 

All posts should be editable till the post is locked.

0 Kudos

I second this. A section for forum feedback would be nice...

rickatk
Master

@Upfront6891 wrote:

I will start by adding feedback regarding Shaw's website and this forum.We need a section for each of this.

I second this. A section for forum feedback would be nice. This allows us to point out problems with the forum. The down side, people should avoid putting their technical questions about their Shaw products and services in the forum feedback section. 

thank you for your opinions, I will bring these up with o...

shaw-tony

@Upfront6891 @rickatk @rstra thank you for your opinions, I will bring these up with our Community Manager to see if some of them may be implemented.

0 Kudos

I've already mentioned this a few times but it drives me...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I've already mentioned this a few times but it drives me crazy that the quote function is sometimes available and sometimes it's not. 😡

0 Kudos

Are you trying to "quote" an original post, or a follow-u...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Are you trying to "quote" an original post, or a follow-up post, or a follow-up post on the "second page" of replies?

0 Kudos

Well obviously the quote function is working this time. A...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

Are you trying to "quote" an original post, or a follow-up post, or a follow-up post on the "second page" of replies?

Well obviously the quote function is working this time. Anyway - that's the most frustrating thing about this in that there is no consistency at all. Sometimes it shows up  on page 1 and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it shows up on other pages and sometimes it doesn't and then sometimes it shows up when trying to quote the original post and sometimes it doesn't. It's like flipping a coin - you have no idea if you will get the quote function or not regardless of what page you are on or who you are trying to quote.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help