Gateway 2.0 Modem

rstra
Grand Master

The Gateway 2.0 with Wifi 6 is now available in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg, but unfortunately, not in the southern interior yet, hopefully soon.

Labels (1)
10 Replies

In other Shaw news, a flyer addressed to "Hello Neighbour...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

In other Shaw news, a flyer addressed to "Hello Neighbour" (a video-game played by my grandson) at my address announced the latest Shaw promo:

• Fibre+ Internet 500, for $79/month for the first 24 months, and $115/month regular rate,
  • Total TV, for $50/month for the first 24 months, and $75 regular rate,
  • 2 complimentary TV players,
  • a $50 Tech Connect installation fee may be applied,

for "new Shaw customers ... must not have subscribed ... in the last 90 days.  See: http://shaw.ca/brightdeal

So, $129/month, rather than $190/month. Taxes are extra.

Shaw Home Phone is not included, but you could add Shaw Mobile "by the gig" for $0/month, if you bring your own compatible smart-phone. Note that there is a $30 one-time fee for subscribing to Shaw Mobile -- it used to be $20.

0 Kudos

Yes!!!  😃  I upgraded to Fibre+ 1.5 Gig yesterday and th...

Spatch
Grasshopper

Yes!!!  😃 

I upgraded to Fibre+ 1.5 Gig yesterday and they’re sending me out the next gen modem.   Great deal on the 1.5 Gig plan...only $14 more per month than the Fibre+ Gig I was previously on.  Woot woot!

Wow that was fast! 😃

Spatch
Grasshopper

Modem delivered this afternoon.....Wow that was fast!  😃

Be sure to give us a review.

rstra
Grand Master

Be sure to give us a review. 

1.5 isn't available is Sherwood Park yet. Any idea when i...

redmax
Grasshopper

1.5 isn't available is Sherwood Park yet. Any idea when it will be?

0 Kudos

-- Wow that was fast I hope that the XB7 will be.  Access...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Spatch -- Wow that was fast

I hope that the XB7 will be.  Access the Shaw Speed Test, and read the left-side messages, for how to get the Speed Test to show the "full" 1.5 Gbps speed. Your computer probably has a 10/100/1000 Ethernet adapter, not an adapter capable of 1.5 Gbps speed.

> delivered

In what city are you?

Yes as I understand it I shouldn’t expect speeds faster t...

Spatch
Grasshopper

@mdk 

Yes as I understand it I shouldn’t expect speeds faster than 1Gig on any individual device, but that the extra bandwidth will allow more devices to achieve higher speeds simultaneously. I’m not a techie so perhaps my understanding is inaccurate?  I’m going to have to do a concurrent speed test on two devices in the coming days to test.

Mission, BC (ie. Metro Vancouver)

-- your understanding is correct -- a maximum of 1 Gbps f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Spatch -- your understanding is correct -- a maximum of 1 Gbps for each device, subject to the 1.5 Gbps overall "ceiling" if you have multiple devices simultaneously downloading.

Other people on this forum who upgraded to 1 Gbps report "smoother" service on their many devices.

A few things to note about the XB7 - from my observations...

bluesky198
Grasshopper

A few things to note about the XB7 - from my observations:

• Includes a cooling fan.
  • 1.5 GHz processor.
  • More memory on-board - XB6 only had 38 MB's remaining memory in my unit.

Again, these are just my observations.

TALK TO US
We're here to help