Jump to solution

Getting greater WiFi distance

eviltoast
Grasshopper

I'm looking for a solution to increase my WIFi range. My garage is about 45 meters from my house. Currently, I have a wifi booster on my network but it does not reach my garage.  I would like to have my garage connected to my alarm and be able to see if the overhead door is closed, the door faces away from the house.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

> I have a WiFi booster on my network but it does not rea...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I have a WiFi booster on my network but it does not reach my garage. 

Take your mobile device to the location of your booster, and connect it via WiFi to your Shaw router, and check the signal-strength. Good? Fair? Bad?

Before you connect to your network, how many other WiFi networks are visible on your mobile device, and what are the indicated signal-strengths for each network?

What is the distance between your Shaw router and your booster? How many walls are between these two devices?

Take your mobile device outside of your garage, face your house, and again test the signal-strength. Good? Fair? Poor?

How many other WiFi networks are visible, outside of your garage?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

> I have a WiFi booster on my network but it does not rea...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I have a WiFi booster on my network but it does not reach my garage. 

Take your mobile device to the location of your booster, and connect it via WiFi to your Shaw router, and check the signal-strength. Good? Fair? Bad?

Before you connect to your network, how many other WiFi networks are visible on your mobile device, and what are the indicated signal-strengths for each network?

What is the distance between your Shaw router and your booster? How many walls are between these two devices?

Take your mobile device outside of your garage, face your house, and again test the signal-strength. Good? Fair? Poor?

How many other WiFi networks are visible, outside of your garage?

Jump to solution

I have a WiFi booster on my network but it does not reach my garage

eviltoast
Grasshopper

I will try some of your ideas 

Thanks

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help