Jump to solution

google wifi mesh

vcd
Grasshopper

I have Shaw Gateway internet.  Have had a google wifi device connected to shaw modem/router via bridge mode, assisted by shaw technician at time of setup.  Now, I want to add an additional google wifi point to boost my wifi strength but dont know how to do it.  Google says I cant use bridge mode with a mesh network.  Shaw says I have to use bridge mode. Anyone know what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi there, I think with the setup you have noted there is...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, I think with the setup you have noted there is no setting to change on your Shaw modem. You just need to follow the procedures for adding an access point or whatever they call it in a Google devices case. So only settings on the Google device need to be worked on. I have the same setup but with a different manufacturer and only messed with my non-Shaw Routers setting to add another unit to the setup. Good luck.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

Hi there, I think with the setup you have noted there is...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, I think with the setup you have noted there is no setting to change on your Shaw modem. You just need to follow the procedures for adding an access point or whatever they call it in a Google devices case. So only settings on the Google device need to be worked on. I have the same setup but with a different manufacturer and only messed with my non-Shaw Routers setting to add another unit to the setup. Good luck.

TALK TO US
We're here to help