Hidden WIFI SSID when blue curve in bridge mode

myevit
Grasshopper

Dear Shaw,  why your spy instrument - Blue Curve is keeping wifi on even in a bridge mode? This causing me insane interference in my house.

Should I wrap your modem into tinfoil?

I consider that as privacy breach.

PS. I know that - open sea is "suppose to be disabled" wifi i create on blue curve during setup. And other 5 SSID are same device MAC addresses. Also when router is off - no SSID are broadcasting.

Untitled.jpg

Labels (1)
2 Replies

7! SSID!!!!

myevit
Grasshopper

7! SSID!!!!

0 Kudos

-- I know that - open sea is "suppose to be disabled" wif...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@myevit -- I know that - open sea is "suppose to be disabled" wifi i create on blue curve during setup. And other 5 SSID are same device MAC addresses.

I see that you are seeing that two of the SSIDs are coming from your neighbour's wireless routers, because they are TELUS Internet subscribers.

I do not see any 100%-identical MAC-addresses.

I see that you have a BRAVIA "smart-TV" that has wireless capability.

Those "Hidden Networks" are being broadcast by the BlueCurve, to connect to the Shaw BlueCurve TV Player | Wireless 4K (Xi6)  remote player(s) inside your home, or are being broadcast by each of those players, to enable them to connect to the BlueCurve.

I do not see any "security breach".

> Also when router is off - no SSID are broadcasting.

Huh? If you are running your "sniffer" on your computer when your router is powered-off, you should still see your BRAVIA and those two "TELUSxxxxx" networks.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help