HITRON reboots itself

thunderstrike98
Grasshopper

With the Shaw Hitron modem, does anyone else have issues with their WAN resetting on its own every 12-24 hours? Periodically, especially while streaming, I'll notice all my devices (both wired and wireless) on the network lose internet connection. Upon looking at the modem during the outage, the normally blue up/downstream arrow lights have turned a solid green and @ status light is either blinking or is off. I've also noticed somtimes, that the little lan status icon is blinking, but perhaps it just depends on when I caught it.

After waiting 5-10 minutes, the connection seems to re-establish itself (blue up/down, all other lights solid green) and I can continue using the internet without any intervention. If I wasn't using the internet at that time, I probably wouldn have never noticed it. Since I signed up, about 10 days ago, this has happened at least 3 time that I have noticed, but I'm unsure how many times it actually happened.

After this happens, if I log into the router page, I notice the WAN uptime back near 0h0m0s, while the LAN uptime remains at my 3+ days (since I plugged in the modem)

I've read that this recycle could be caused by Shaw reprovisioning things in my area - but I have no idea if this is true. If it is... they sure seem to reprovision things very often.

This is really annoying to have happen while watching a Netflix show or streaming some music. Luckily it hasn't happened while working on something important... but regardless, it doesn't seem reliable if I need to wait for this to cycle.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: HITRON reboots itself

shaw-tony

Hey thunderstrike987,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. It sounds like it may be a signal related issue causing your Internet connection to drop off. I will recommend trying some troubleshooting steps here. If you continue to experience the same issues, your best bet is to touch base with technical support to help fix the issue.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help