My AirPort Extreme used to make similar channel choices i...

rickatk
Master

@jhidber 

My AirPort Extreme used to make similar channel choices in “Auto” mode. As well the channel selections can be dynamic and change from time to time.

I have found the Shaw Gateway to be a very reliable router /modem combination. Certainly of the same caliber as the AirPort Extreme I used to have. Further, the Adaptive Mesh features work very well.

There is nothing wrong with the Shaw gear. I would say your wifi drop outs are caused by other factors like interference or quality of signal. As such you have some troubleshooting ahead of you. 

Shaw support can help you with that.

0 Kudos

13 devices all on the same channel. with people working f...

edward_forbes
Grasshopper

13 devices all on the same channel. with people working from home, this really clogs things up. Not being able to change the wifi channel when it's like this is annoying, to say the least. your dropping the ball here

-- 13 devices If you have a BlueCurve cable-modem, it def...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@edward_forbes -- 13 devices

If you have a BlueCurve cable-modem, it defaults to one SSID that spans both the 2.4 and the 5.0 Ghz networks.

So, how many of your devices are connected via 2.4, and how many are connected via 5.0 Ghz?

0 Kudos

Sorry by devices I meant Routers (nternet connections) on...

edward_forbes
Grasshopper

Sorry by devices I meant Routers (nternet connections) on channel 1.

I don't want to know how many devices all total that would be.

0 Kudos

I have split the Wifi network and would like to change th...

MichaelK1
Grasshopper

I have split the Wifi network and would like to change the 2.4mhz Wifi channel to Ch11

The modem selected Ch6 and but both CH6 and CH1 are heavily used,  CH11 is unused

The options appear to be greyed out.  

How can I change the settings?

0 Kudos

-- How can I change the settings? The options appear to b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MichaelK1 -- How can I change the settings? The options appear to be greyed out.  

You are correct. The current software (as supplied by Comcast to Shaw) inside the BlueCurve no longer allows it.

0 Kudos

The option to change the channel on the BlueCurve is no l...

rstra
Grand Master

@MichaelK1 The option to change the channel on the BlueCurve is no longer avaialble.

0 Kudos

What happens when you log into your BlueCurve - View Netw...

syman
Grasshopper

What happens when you log into your BlueCurve - View Network Details - See Network - Advanced Settings - 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi. Press Edit 5 GHz WiFi or 2.4 GHz WiFi and uncheck "Use Suggested  Channel Settings".

Does this screen allow it?

0 Kudos

Cannot even access 'use suggested channel settings" anymo...

transferpop3
Grasshopper

Cannot even access 'use suggested channel settings" anymore.  Shaw did themselves and their customers a real disservice when they took this channel-changing option out of the hands of the customer.  Now it requires a call to Shaw to ask them to change the over-loaded channel to a different one.  Anyone ever get through to Shaw in less than 15 to 25 minutes for help?

0 Kudos

1 year later, has this problem been fixed?

kevin2012
Grasshopper

1 year later, has this problem been fixed?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help