@mdk Hello, thank you for all this. I have tried everythi...

syman
Grasshopper

@mdk Hello, thank you for all this. I have tried everything you noted in your message and phoned them on Tuesday. A person who took my call told me (with help from someone at the "2nd level customer support" 😃 ), that they do not guarantee WiFi speeds and my current speed is normal and that there are no issues. I requested a call from someone who can help me with my problem because this type of service is not acceptable to me. Should I mention that I still awaiting this callback? 😃

I do agree SHAW does not guarantee any speed, but they advertise the following, and for me, this is a lie and misleading to their customers. Since last week, the speed I have gotten is not the "fastest WiFi", or "a smooth connection and reliability speed". This is definitely not the "WiFi tech ahead of the rest."

I am so close to making a complaint with the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services. They helped me resolve my complaint with SHAW a year ago when customer service just openly decided to ignore me.

Clearly, my understanding of "good customer service and care about customers" is something different from what SHAW thinks it should be.

https://www.shaw.ca/internet/

2022-05-25_21-10-12.jpg

0 Kudos

And I have ti mentioned that today I have extreme improve...

syman
Grasshopper

And I have to mention that today I have extreme improvement, my speed went up 3x:

2022-05-25_21-34-26.jpg

-- did you show Shaw your previous results with the same...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@syman -- did you show Shaw your previous results with the same cable-modem and your WiFi-using devices?

Do you have a friend who has a Shaw cable-modem? What model? If so, test the speed of some of your devices while connected to their WiFi.

Or, do you have a friend with a Telus modem, and "fast" service from Telus (preferably 1000 Mbps), where you can test the speed of your devices on their WiFi ?

Do you live in a MURB (Multiple Unit Residential Building) and have a "new" neighbour whose WiFi is interfering with your WiFi signals? 

Are some of your devices using 2.4 Ghz, and some are using 5 Ghz to connect?

Are your devices connecting to the 2.4 Ghz or the 5 Ghz band, as provided by the Shaw cable-modem? What happens if you force your device to connect to the "other" band?  Any better speed?

0 Kudos

After spending a week on the phone speaking to their cust...

syman
Grasshopper

After spending a week on the phone speaking to their customer service and repeating my issue over and over every time, I was able to convince them and received a new wifi moden today. And here we are:

2022-05-28_22-32-10.jpg

Must have had a dud modem, or maybe it was a provisioning...

rstra
Grand Master

@syman Must have had a dud modem, or maybe it was a provisioning issue. Either way, glad you got it resolved.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help