Jump to solution

How collect Shaw webmail into gmail?

Not applicable

My mother, 97, has had a stroke and had to move into a nursing home.  The nursing home doesn't allow Shaw to provide internet, so she is having to give up her Shaw email address.  I would like to import her current mail into gmail, but haven't been able to get it to work.  For example, I followed the instructions on this page:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

The problem is that when I follow the instructions under "import mail and contacts", the final response I get from gmail is "The account cannot be imported right now".

I have her username and password, and can sign on to shaw webmail using those.

I'm wondering whether I have the right settings re the shaw server.  (I tried Shaw chat, but she didn't know.)

Here is what I am entering:

POP username - ** removed private info**

POP server - POP.shaw.ca

port: 995

Does anyone know if my responses are correct?  Or how to resolve my issue?

Many thanks!

Judith

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: How collect Shaw webmail into gmail?

shaw-tony

Hey jeansdaughter,

Thank you for reaching out! You should be able to export the email content with the steps here which include the account emails into a CSV file, which then can be imported into a Gmail account. As for direct importing, I will recommend contacting Google directly to see if they have more direction on how to import it correctly.

Hope that helps,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jump to solution

Re: How collect Shaw webmail into gmail?

shaw-tony

Hey jeansdaughter,

Thank you for reaching out! You should be able to export the email content with the steps here which include the account emails into a CSV file, which then can be imported into a Gmail account. As for direct importing, I will recommend contacting Google directly to see if they have more direction on how to import it correctly.

Hope that helps,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help