How do I get Internet Here

Not applicable

Hello.

First of all, I used to have Shaw and loved it to Death, But I moved far away to 100 Mile House, BC

We have to use Xplornet 25mb (Although I've never seen it go any higher than 8mb.)

The town has Shaw but I live around 3 km from town.

My plea for help is that how could you get Internet to my house? 

Would you dig up 3 km of ground for cable?

Do you just place a WI-FI Tower nearby?

How much would it Cost?

Most likely none of these would work but its worth a shot to ask.

Me and my Family would Kill for Shaw again (Even 20mb would make me happy.)

Thanks,

Dawson.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: How do I get Internet Here

shaw-tony

Hey dawson81702,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. I am happy to hear you love our services when you had us. I appreciate your enthusiasm to have services in your new home. For your specific inquiry, we would have to reach out to our address team to find out. I'd recommend touching base with customer support to investigate with you.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: How do I get Internet Here

Not applicable

Sure they could, but they will want you to pay for the plant extension (while making a good profit for doing the install)...  Not cheap..  For all purposes think of it as a solid no..  This will cost more than your house cost..

You said 3km from town..  This is very easy to do with a wireless link..

You get an address of someone you know/trust on the edge of town, you setup your own account at this address, then use a wireless bridge (link) to your place.

DO NOT try and save the monthly costs by sharing their internet, or having them share yours.  Separate accounts is important..  This becomes theft of service if you don't have separate accounts.

And yes, the full 300 mbps can be done over a properly setup wireless link.  Been there, done this/that, more than once..

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help