I continually get quota warnings on my mailbox size?

Suki21
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
27 Replies

Within Shaw WebMail, move the mouse-pointer over any of t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Within Shaw WebMail, move the mouse-pointer over any of the folder-names, and let it "hover", until you see a message like "666 messages and 777 MBytes".  It could be your "Sent" and "Trash" folders that are consuming most of your 1000 MB "quota".

Me too 1000MB is just pathetic. What gives? Why does a fr...

Frenzee
Grasshopper

Me too 1000MB is just pathetic. What gives? Why does a free service offer 10 times this amount and a paid one like this is stuck in the 90's for how much space it thinks is enough?

i am getting this same message,  my problem is that i can...

Carl19
Grasshopper

i am getting this same message,  my problem is that i cannot seem to find a solution,  shaw,  please help.  i cant seem to find anyone to talk to about it either

rstra
Grand Master

Me too!  Even after I deleted like 1000 emails, the quota...

cheesetoast
Grasshopper

Me too!  Even after I deleted like 1000 emails, the quota amount kept increasing.  I emptied the trash folder and everything.  I use my shaw email account on my home computer as my home email.  I don't go to shaw webmail website.  Why is my email account quota not decreasing after I delete hundreds.

Because you aren’t deleting the mail off the server. You...

rstra
Grand Master

Because you aren’t deleting the mail off the server. You need to go to webmail.

I have been deleting **bleep** for years. I have a lot of thin...

Frenzee
Grasshopper

I have been deleting **bleep** for years. I have a lot of things that I need to keep a communication trail for so just deleting everything is not an option for me. Going thru all of them and classifying which is more important is ridic. This is not a solution to not enough space.

I guess at this point the only option is to just stop usi...

Frenzee
Grasshopper

I guess at this point the only option is to just stop using this feeble service as they dont seem to care. Transferring everything to a new email service, is just a giant waste of my time, which I will not soon forget. 

You mean free like gmail? Which reads all your email, to...

Kilted_Canuck
Grasshopper

You mean free like gmail? Which reads all your email, to gather as much information it can to build a profile about you to follow you around the web?  It's not free, you're just paying with your privacy. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help