Impossible to register for Shaw Go Wifi after Shaw Mobile

swalter
Grasshopper

After signing up for Shaw Mobile, I can no longer use my Shaw ID credentials to register the current device to Shaw Go Wifi using the new registration form. Upon entering my perfectly valid credentials, the form immediately rejects them as invalid. For some reason Shaw decided to remove manual MAC address registration, which is how we used to do it. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have tried the gamut: resetting passwords, disabling 2FA, multiple browsers, multiple devices, safe mode, using Shaw's temporary code via support, etc. Nothing works. This is extremely frustrating as it is one of the reasons I use Shaw. Support has been a complete waste of time, forcing me to unnecessarily repeat the same steps to no resolution. The problem feels like it's on Shaw's end. 

Anything out there that people have found for a workaround?

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Your Shaw Mobile device is designed to automatically conn...

shaw-petty

@swalterYour Shaw Mobile device is designed to automatically connect and authenticate every time you enter a Shaw Go Wifi hotspot - no sign-in or credentials required. This is a great value to save on data usage! Instructions on how to connect to one can be found here. Hope it helps!

0 Kudos

Well I can say if definitely doesn't behave this way. Occ...

swalter
Grasshopper

Well I can say if definitely doesn't behave this way. Occasionally I can connect to ShawPasspoint (despite this being and Android device) while Shaw Open never works (redirected to sign in page). 

0 Kudos

Any updates on this? I still don't have an answer.

swalter
Grasshopper

Any updates on this? I still don't have an answer.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help