Jump to solution

Inbox suddenly empty this morning,

aj4martin
Grasshopper

As I went to use my Outlook 365 this morning and it synced the IMAP folders,  suddenly, Inbox was empty. I went to webmail and Inbox is empty there as well. Any suggestions as to may have happened?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Inbox suddenly empty this morning,

shaw-tony

aj4martin I am sorry for any frustrations. Our team members should have been able to restore the emails. Moving forward, I'd recommend setting the mail preferences as per below to ensure emails remain in your inbox.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jump to solution

aj4martin
Grasshopper

I have since started receiving some new emails which were showing up in the Inbox, were there for about 2 hours now I'm back to an empty Inbox. What is happening at Shaw with the email today?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey aj4martin,

I haven't heard of any reports of email issues. Can you send an email to yourself to see if it goes to your inbox and stays there? Our technical support members can try and restore your emails if your inbox is still empty.

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

aj4martin
Grasshopper

Well I followed your directions Tony and in the end they told me that in reality they don't support Outlook 365, or any Outlook program for that matter. I think this info should be available on the Shaw website. I've been using Outlook 2007 for at least 8 years and have never had an issue. I just upgraded to Win 10 and Office 365 so this is new to me.

They did provide a link to try and restore my Inbox, so I'll try that. Thanks for your help Tony.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

aj4martin
Grasshopper

Well Tony, I tried what they suggested but my Inbox mail was NOT in the Trash so there was nothing to recover. All the emails that were in the Inbox seem to have gone to never never land. Had I known about these issues with Shaw/Outlook365 I would have never used it from the start. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

aj4martin I am sorry for any frustrations. Our team members should have been able to restore the emails. Moving forward, I'd recommend setting the mail preferences as per below to ensure emails remain in your inbox.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

aj4martin
Grasshopper

Hi again Tony, I have set my preferences in Webmail as per your recommendation. On Wednesday I noticed a new folder called Shaw-Restored-Jul-16-2019 which contains all the emails that were previously in my Inbox. ( so that's a good thing ). While Shaw webmail is usable I would "prefer" using Outlook 365. Should I give it another go?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

aj4martin Glad to hear your emails are back! For Outlook 365 is there an option for active sync on your device? If so, that is generally the best set up (but with the change above your inbox may fill up). Otherwise, IMAP and POP options are still available to work.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

aj4martin
Grasshopper

Update for Tony. I've been using Office 365 with IMAP for almost a week now and have had no issues whatsoever. All seems to be working as it should. Thanks for your help Tony.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

sweeeet!! Happy to help

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help