whats up with that?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Internet 150 -doubled to 300 but really its less

Not applicable

If you are running the Hitron cable modem/router in "Bridge" mode, the speed problem may lie with your personal home router, chances are if you update you personal router's firmware, it may fix the speed problem, it did for me. I'm running a Netgear WNDR3700v4 with DD-WRT firmware, it was a older firmware and ran fine at 150 but didn't want to run at 300, once a newer firmware revision was installed, then I got 300. Of course, your personal router has to have gigabit ethernet capabilities on the WAN port at the hardware level.

Regards: Jack

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Jump to solution

Not applicable

I know that they were rolling it our across their network in phases. 

Have you powercycled the modem since the 3rd(when they started)

How are you connecting to the internet? (wifi or wired)

If wifi, what is your speed on a wired connection?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Also, just to add to the suggestions from   - I noticed I wasn't getting 300 at home even after I powercycled the modem. I played around with the WiFi channels and also changed the channel bandwidth from 40MHz to 80MHz, and that seemed to do the trick for me. So if you haven't tried that, it's worth a shot  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

yes I power cycled the modem.

I just want the 178 I usually get for years now.

Since the 300 "upgrade" my speeds are slower. and crappier with lag.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

gusewus
Grasshopper

I just power cycled twice now and mine has not doubled either, i have internet 150 and was lucky to see it hit 120 now it's 150 so it just gone up to what i should be getting before this non existent upgrade happened. 

Jump to solution

shaw-tony

was your speed tests over WiFi or a direct ethernet connection? We've received reports that it may be a browser related issue. If you are using a Chome browser, can you run a speed test with direct ethernet connection to your desktop in Incognito mode or on a different web browser such as Internet Explorer or FireFox to see if the issue persists? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

gusewus there are several factors that may cause slower speeds. As I mentioned above, it may be browser related (please try the steps above). Other factors include your device speed capabilities, interference, etc. I have more details on that here Get the most out of your Internet. Keep me posted on how things go.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Your second DSL report is roughly what I've been getting with 150 for the past year.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

By the way, my new download speed as of today is 218 MB/s with the Hitron modem.

EDIT... That was with 5G WIFI at 5 Bars. I just got 332.96 with Ethernet (using a long cable). The modem is in a room beside me and I have a very strong signal with my antenna  against the adjacent wall, so not much more I can do on the WIFI front.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Check the band bandwidth setting in the WiFi settings.  On some gateways it is set for 40, try enabling 80 MHz.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help