Jump to solution

-- who needs a gig down when you only get 25 up? I like...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Slarty -- who needs a gig down when you only get 25 up? 

I like your "only 25 Megabits per second" comment. I come from the era of dial-up modems that maxed-out at 56 Kilobits per second for download, and 28.8 Kilobits per second for upload.  So, you are getting ONE THOUSAND times the speed.

Anyway, while reading this response, scroll-down to the bottom of this web-page, and click the "Your Voice" hyperlink to report your experiences directly to Shaw. You may have to open the "About" pull-down to see the "Your Voice" hyperlink.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Cool.  I started on a 2400 baud modem.  I don't see your...

Slarty
Grasshopper

Cool.  I started on a 2400 baud modem.  I don't see your point though considering that was like 35 years ago.  I've voiced my concerns multiple times in the survey I get every time I'm done factory resetting my modem 3 or 4 times in web chat.  Like I said, I'm about to start asking how I can bill for my time.  I don't feel like spending more of it for nothing at this point.  I'm already paying for a plan I don't actually have, isn't that enough?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

been there done that, not impressed here. they sent a tec...

JetsJon
Grasshopper

been there done that, not impressed here. they sent a tech to my home who could't find the problem. then i got some bs about how its the makers of the modem. ive jumped through the hoops, and gotten ZERO result, this is annoying 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- they sent a tech to my home who could not find the pro...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JetsJon -- they sent a tech to my home who could not find the problem

What are the symptoms?

I think that you did not get good service from that technician.

Personally, the tech that came to my home was very thorough, and on his smart-phone, he showed me the signal-strength reaching the Shaw "demarcation box" on the outside of my home, plus the signal-strength from the coaxial-splitter (inside their box) to every connected device (PVRs and cable-modem) in my home. He cut the connectors off my coaxial-cables, and replaced those connectors with new ones, and replaced that splitter. The only thing that he did not do, because it was not necessary, was to replace the cable-modem. I give him a "10-out-of-10" for his work.

I recommend that you contact Shaw again, to get more trouble-shooting.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Blartfast -- considering that was like 35 years ago I rem...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Slarty Blartfast -- considering that was like 35 years ago

I remember using my USR Robotics V.90 modem in late 1996 -- 24 years ago -- when a huge dump of snow paralyzed the whole region for 4 days. TELUS ADSL and Shaw Internet were not available in my city.

I also had a Cardinal V.90 modem. Physically, it looked exactly like the USR Robotics modem. The "branding" in the firmware on the chip was not the USR branding. It was about 1/2 the price of the USR, but Cardinal soon after went bankrupt -- I never got my "mail-in-rebate" from Cardinal.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

When I run speed tests .. it is at 50% of the expected?...

Nadim123
Grasshopper

When I run speed tests .. it is at 50% of the expected?  Technicians coming over to my place werent able to resolve it... problem reoccurs again in a few days after they are gone.. is there a  permanent fix or another marketing tactic so i upgrade to higher internet?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help