Internet always cutting out and very slow speed

ParkerAndSmall
Grasshopper

Hello, 

For months we had great internet service from Shaw. A month ago it stopped working, cutting out, no service and slow speed. They said this was a signal issue but have no solution other than saying they are working on it. It has been weeks with no ETA on a fix. Frustrating and trying to not be angry about it,  but I signed a 2-year contract that holds me to Shaw services but it also holds Shaw to providing those services. Without knowing when a fix will happen how am I suppose to plan for not having internet when working from home. If the power went our they would we'll when it would be fixed and I could then plan around that. With Shaw, there is no information for us to go on,  and after reading other customers' comments with similar issues I found that some lasted for months and even years. How is that OK?  Customer service is not the issue, we have had great customer service!  When you don't know what the issue is, it is not OK to leave customers without service or an ETA on a fix. I do not want to leave Shaw but they seem to have a very big disconnect between there customer service reps,  who have little to no information,  or their hands are tied. If this issue is not fixed I will have to leave Shaw. No one seems to take accountability for services not being provided. It is like ordering a pizza that never shows up and every time you call they say its on the way, and still no pizza. I would not recommend Shaw to anyone based on this. How companies fail is one customer at a time. Shaw, you are not too big to fail. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies

> They said this was a signal issue but have no solution...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> They said this was a signal issue but have no solution other than saying they are working on it. It has been weeks with no ETA on a fix. 

This is a "user-to-user" discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw Support. I recommend that you contact Shaw (online-chat or telephone) for two reasons:

1. for the technician to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to confirm that "signal-strength" (or something similar) is the problem;

2. for a technician to be scheduled to come to their "demarcation box" on the outside of your home, to physically measure the signal-strength coming-in from the telephone-pole to their box, and to test that the Shaw infrastructure (the coaxial-cable to the nearest telephone-pole, and the cables running up-and-down your street) is at proper levels.

Can you talk to any neighbours on your street who also have Shaw Internet, to see if they have similar symptoms? If they do, that points to Shaw's infrastructure, not to the Shaw hardware (and your coaxial-cables in your walls) inside your home.

For us, it was when we got the "new" white modem over the...

ParkerAndSmall
Grasshopper

For us, it was when we got the "new" white modem over the older black one - now the internet is spotty and much slower. 

0 Kudos

-- I think that you should contact Shaw. They can remotel...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ParkerAndSmall -- I think that you should contact Shaw. They can remotely logon to your new cable-modem, to view the "signal-strength" (and other values), to see if that is a problem.

Did you "self-install" the new cable-modem? If so, be sure that the coaxial cable is very-tightly connected at both ends.

You may need to schedule a visit from a line-technician to inspect the wiring from the nearest telephone-pole to the "demarcation box" on the outside of your residence.  Maybe, the technician will replace some of the connectors.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help