Jump to solution

Here's the exported files of the two checks. Google.ca

Regis
Grasshopper

Here's the exported files of the two checks @shaw-tony 

Google.ca

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                   No response from host -  100 |   58 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   58 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                              70.66.64.1 -   14 |  186 |  160 |   22 |   24 |   37 |   22 |

|          rd1cv-be121-1.gv.shawcable.net -   43 |  107 |   61 |    0 |   27 |   39 |   31 |

|              rd1lp-be1.gv.shawcable.net -   44 |  105 |   59 |    0 |   27 |   38 |   24 |

|             rc1wt-be40.wa.shawcable.net -   64 |   82 |   30 |    0 |   28 |   38 |   27 |

|                           72.14.221.102 -   59 |   87 |   36 |    0 |   29 |   80 |   43 |

|                          74.125.243.193 -   60 |   86 |   35 |    0 |   28 |   36 |   29 |

|                          209.85.254.249 -   73 |   74 |   20 |    0 |   27 |   39 |   28 |

|                sea30s02-in-f3.1e100.net -   63 |   83 |   31 |    0 |   27 |   35 |   26 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

YouTube.com

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                   No response from host -  100 |   29 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   29 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                              70.66.64.1 -    0 |  142 |  142 |   21 |   24 |   40 |   23 |

|          rd1cv-be121-1.gv.shawcable.net -   31 |   66 |   46 |    0 |   26 |   43 |   28 |

|              rd1lp-be1.gv.shawcable.net -   35 |   61 |   40 |    0 |   26 |   34 |   28 |

|             rc1wt-be40.wa.shawcable.net -   64 |   41 |   15 |    0 |   29 |   48 |   28 |

|                           72.14.221.102 -   56 |   45 |   20 |    0 |   27 |   32 |   26 |

|                          74.125.243.177 -   78 |   35 |    8 |    0 |   27 |   32 |   27 |

|                          209.85.254.171 -   73 |   37 |   10 |    0 |   27 |   31 |   27 |

|               sea30s01-in-f14.1e100.net -   78 |   35 |    8 |    0 |   26 |   28 |   27 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

>  No response from host -  100 |   58 |    0 |    0 |...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  No response from host -  100 |   58 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

>  No response from host -  100 |   58 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

>  70.66.64.1 -   14 |  186 |  160 |   22 |   24 |   37 |   22 |

> rd1cv-be121-1.gv.shawcable.net

The first "hop" is your Shaw router. Obviously, it is configured to NOT respond to your probes. Note that my Hitron router does respond. So, which router do you have? Older? Gateway? BlueCurve?

The second "hop" is the closest router on Shaw's network. Again, it is configured to NOT respond.

The third "hop" is losing 14% of the probes. That is not good. Obviously, the "deeper" that you probe, those other routers show a "cascade" of dropped probes. Compare to starting a baseball "double-play" -- if you throw the baseball from 3rd base to 2nd base, with the intent that the player at 2nd will throw the baseball to 1st base, to complete the double-play, but the player at 2nd drops the baseball, the baseball never reaches 1st base, no matter how competent the player at 1st base is. That "3rd hop" router is like the player at 2nd base -- if it "drops" the probe, it is not performing correctly, and is hurting the whole baseball team.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

thank you for running those. It looks like it could be a...

shaw-tony

@Regis thank you for running those. It looks like it could be a faulty modem or noise in the lines in your neighbourhood causing dropped packets. I'd recommend scheduling a service technician to investigate your area and swap the modem. Technicians at this time won't be able to enter your home but they should be able to pass you the equipment and investigate outside.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> So, which router do you have? Older? Gateway? BlueCurv...

Regis
Grasshopper

@mdk 

So, which router do you have? Older? Gateway? BlueCurve?

I've posted the router I have in my main post.

Do you have a solution to fix it?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> Do you have a solution to fix it? You should read the m...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Do you have a solution to fix it?

You should read the most-recent recommendation by shaw-tony

Jump to solution

I am SO fed up with Shaw and their REFUSAL to acknowledge...

Spiritorb
Grasshopper

I am SO fed up with Shaw and their REFUSAL to acknowledge that there IS a problem with these lousy Blue Curve modems! I have done two factory resets, and with each reset, the modem will work fine for a while, then all of a sudden start the random disconnect CRAP! I have a strong signal to the modem, and good connections. When tech support checked on line, everything was normal, but the logs showed the disconnects! I NEVER had these issues with my previous HITRON modem! Come on, Shaw WAKE UP!!!!

Jump to solution

I've been having this internet dropped issue for months....

kazsulec
Grasshopper

I've been having this internet dropped issue for months. Seems to be getting more frequent. Signal doesn't seem to be an issue. My modem history went Hitron -> Blue Curve -> Hitron (which outright failed one day) -> Hitron. Drops started to be noticed just after Blue Curve -> Hitron, but that may be coincidental timing. The drops started at maybe a few a week noticed by us, but since work-from-home and school-from-home, it's been several times a day. Usually can be restarted by logging onto the Hitron, sometimes takes a Hitron reboot. Chat techs see the history, try yet another tweak, and we carry on till it breaks again.

Thank goodness we have cell data to connect with Shaw and their friendky chat people. We'd be up the creek otherwise. The broken Hitron would not make a WAN connection at all, even after reboot. On a contract for a bit, but I'll be checking out alternatives soon.

Jump to solution

Shaw really needs to get a technician out to your house t...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw really needs to get a technician out to your house to check connections and signal. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw really needs to get a technician out to your house t...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw really needs to get a technician out to your house to check connections and signal.

Jump to solution

> . Signal doesn't seem to be an issue. Is the cable-mode...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> . Signal doesn't seem to be an issue.

Is the cable-modem getting electrical power from a power-bar, or directly from a wall-port?

Contact Shaw, and get them to remotely logon to your cable-modem, and to check its "signal strength", and check for "brown-outs" (low voltage into the modem from the current wall-plug).

Can you temporarily run a long extension-cord from a wall-outlet in a different room to give power to the modem?

Or, can you temporarily move the modem, to connect it to a coaxial-cable wall-port in a different room?

TALK TO US
We're here to help