Internet connection lost four times today on Arris modem

lisior
Grasshopper

I've lost my internet connection 4 times today - every time it happened the light on the Arris modem went from solid while to blinking green. While I do have Asus router connected to the Arris modem, the issue is with the modem itself losing connection. Called in was told to power off and on both the modem and the router. Since the power recycle procedure I lost my connection again. Any ideas? Thanks

Labels (1)
6 Replies

That type of behaviour could indicate a signal issue. Giv...

shaw-valerie

@lisior That type of behaviour could indicate a signal issue. Give the steps on this page to check and re-seat the coax to the modem a shot, and if you are still seeing issues after that get in touch with our technical support team so they can test the signal to the modem.

0 Kudos

This is an ongoing and pervasive issue with the XB6 — Goo...

Dude2Dude
Grasshopper

This is an ongoing and pervasive issue with the XB6 — Google "XB6" and "disconnection" and you'll get hundreds of hits. Please address this issue.

0 Kudos

Also, you linked to a pafe that deals with slow connectio...

Dude2Dude
Grasshopper

Also, you linked to a pafe that deals with slow connection speeds. That's not what we're dealing with. The connection drops frequently, for about two to three minutes whil e the modenm — not any upstream router — reboots. It is continual, and widespread.

0 Kudos

Same issues here, my Arris modem resets sometimes by itse...

x0swifty0x
Grasshopper

Same issues here, my Arris modem resets sometimes by itself, or grinds to a 600kb/s hault for minutes then jumps back to its normal speeds happens 3-4 times every single day. 

Shaw's none the wiser always excuses that aren't relevant we only pay $100 a month right to be "wrong".

0 Kudos

I haven't heard of any reports of this issue. I have the...

shaw-tony

@Dude2Dude I haven't heard of any reports of this issue. I have the BlueCurve modem at home and have never experienced a connection drop. It is possible the modem is faulty. I'd recommend swapping them at your local Shaw retailer. If that does not fix the issue, a scheduled technician visit will be required to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos

that is very odd. Do you have the modem in bridged mode w...

shaw-tony

@x0swifty0x that is very odd. Do you have the modem in bridged mode with a 3rd party router? If so, do you notice the same symptoms when you un-bridge the modem and plug directly into it? If you do, it may be a faulty modem and a swap is recommended.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help