do you know if the issues affect direct ethernet connecti...

shaw-tony

@Watcher911 do you know if the issues affect direct ethernet connections or is it over WiFi only? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

i have the same issue ,time to switch to another provider...

dcsul
Grasshopper

i have the same issue ,time to switch to another provider .enough is enough 

0 Kudos

- time to switch to another provider. Some other Internet...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dcsul - time to switch to another provider.

Some other Internet providers will use the existing Shaw infrastructure (the cables and the concentrator on the nearest telephone-pole) and the existing coaxial-cable from the telephone-pole to your "demarcation" box, but will make you purchase a cable-modem.  If the problem is in that infrastructure, switching away from Shaw is NOT going to solve your problem.

Switching to TELUS will involve new fibre-optic cable being strung from the telephone-pole into your home. Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, that could take a while for a TELUS technician to do that wiring. Then, you will have to wait for the "all-clear" message from the provincial/federal health officers, before the technician is allowed by TELUS to enter your home to complete the wiring. That could take many months.  So, unless you get an "iron-clad" commitment from TELUS to get a "soon" installation-date, think before you sign-up with TELUS.

Have you contacted Shaw, and gotten them to remotely access your cable-modem, to check the signal-strength coming-in to the cable-modem, and any other indicators that they can access?  Has a technician come to that "demarcation" box, outside your home, and measured the signal-strength entering that box, and, maybe, replace any "coaxial-splitter" that may be inside that box?

0 Kudos

our internet is too slow; it disconnects. We tried t o ta...

Padwal2020
Grasshopper

our internet is too slow; it disconnects. We tried t o talk to a teck. but unable to do so. Please help.

0 Kudos

are you noticing slow speeds over WiFi or are direct ethe...

shaw-tony

@Padwal2020 are you noticing slow speeds over WiFi or are direct ethernet connections to a PC slow as well? When you say it disconnects, does the modem go offline completely when it happens or the lights stay the same? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

0 Kudos

I have the same problem. SO FRUSTRATING! Internet signal...

LynnGW
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. SO FRUSTRATING! Internet signal keeps dropping. No internet devices work (phone and TV usually keep working, but not always).  Takes several minutes to regain the signal.  The modem just starts to blink and then resets on its own once it reacquires the signal - or I get impatient and reset it.  I've been on the phone/chat with Shaw several times in the last two weeks, and nothing.  Get the same "reboot the modem" nonsense.  Really? I have to reboot the modem 5+ times a day?  Trying to work from home with Shaw internet is like using an abacus for calculations (which is a bit unfair to the abacus).  It seems Shaw just doesn't know what's going on.  I can understand that there might be bandwidth issues with many people working/playing from home, but these are very sudden signal drops that take several minutes to recover from.  The other part of this that actually cracks me up is that they do all their testing when the internet is back up and then annoyingly tell me that everything is ok.  Well, yeah, when it's running, it's running well.  But they have no way to actually log the signal interruption to see what's going on (or at least they're unwilling to).  If Telus ever get fibre to my neighbourhood, they'll be my first call.

0 Kudos

Same issues here. Shaw doesn't want to admit that the pro...

kabs10
Grasshopper

Same issues here. Shaw doesn't want to admit that the problem is on their side. Should I reset the modem 100x for it to work? C'mon do something about the problem. They can see that all the people here had same issues. It's too frustrating makes me want to sledgehammer this router.  

0 Kudos

No internet all day. Son lost his chance to write his exa...

Aneeks
Grasshopper

No internet all day. Son lost his chance to write his exams today. Shaw claims it could be my modem and will send a new one but it won't arrive till Tuesday. So he'll miss more school. I go online with my phone only to  come to this site and find others with the same problem. 

0 Kudos

I'm very sorry for the frustrations. If you are noticing...

shaw-tony

@LynnGW @kabs10 @Aneeks I'm very sorry for the frustrations. If you are noticing the drops on all devices, it could be a signal related issue or a faulty modem. Your best bet is to touch base with technical support to investigate further or to schedule a technician to review the signal outside your home.

0 Kudos

Seems like a its a very large area issue. This same thing...

nokara
Grasshopper

Seems like a its a very large area issue. This same thing has been going on for months in my household and got the usual 
"connection looks optimal from this end" and to restart the router. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help