Time for a service call.

rstra
Grand Master

@Goody2  Time for a service call.

0 Kudos

This has been happening to me ever since I upgraded to wi...

Hesse20
Grasshopper

This has been happening to me ever since I upgraded to wifi 6 and got the white router. Shaw can never figure out the problem and when the tech comes out it doesn't happen. I wanna switch to Telus but unfortunately it's not my name on the account and the person doesn't want to switch because they don't use the internet. 

0 Kudos

--  I am in Prince George so this is a BC wide problem. R...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Goody2 --  I am in Prince George so this is a BC wide problem.

Really? I am on Vancouver Island, and do not have the problem.  So, maybe not "BC wide" after all.

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. 

You should contact Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222) to get professional assistance.

0 Kudos

I have same problem since yesterday afternoon in Surrey a...

QuickJ
Grasshopper

I have same problem since yesterday afternoon in Surrey area. 

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@QuickJ -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

The forum is not a path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222).

I recommend that you contact Shaw Support.  They can remotely logon to your Shaw modem, and view the "signal-strength" reaching the modem, and other values. Having poor signal-strength will cause issues.

Also, really tighten both ends of the coaxial-cable between your router and the wall-socket, and/or try a different cable.

0 Kudos

You're in Prince George, we're in North Vancouver. Same p...

appleMacTech
Grasshopper

You're in Prince George, we're in North Vancouver. Both having the same problem. Shaw has been of no help whatsoever (as usual). Calling Shaw or chatting with them is an absolute waste of time.

We never had this intermittent connection problem at all with the black XB6 gateway/modem, it all started with the white XB7 gateway/modem earlier in the year. Shaw "technician" (Sam) came out to our home and although the "customer service" reps told me via chat that we had a signal strength problem, Sam found no signal strength issues at all. He replaced our gateway/modem. We replaced our router with a brand new one. I put brand new Cat 6e cables in. Problems still persist. Is there anyone at Shaw who knows what they're doing? Anyone who can help at all? I've done my part. I've called Shaw numerous times. I've chatted with them numerous times. They've come out to our home. And things still don't work properly. Where do we go from here? Is this ever, ever annoying.

Is there anybody else out there having this same intermittent connection problem? The lights on the gateway/modem are not affected. The Internet connection just goes completely dead sometimes for up to 30 seconds. If you're in the middle of a Google search when this happens, you try clicking on any of the links in the search results and none of the links will work. Then 30 seconds later, the Internet connection starts to work again. This problem is usually at its worst after 10 PM. Sometimes, it will happen 10 times in a row. Other times it will only happen once and won't happen again for a couple of hours.

I think there is a problem with one of the nodes in our neighborhood and most likely, the exact same thing for the customer in Prince George. Something is loose but whatever that something is is certainly not in my home.

Lastly, Sam promised me that he would call me the following Monday to follow up to see how things were working. That never happened.

I've been having the exact same issues as you in Salmon A...

Kwsmithca
Grasshopper

I've been having the exact same issues as you in Salmon Arm for a few weeks now.  It just happened about 15 minutes ago while reading this thread and a couple more times earlier today.

I am also on Vancouver Island, and we do have this exact...

1Seasand
Grasshopper

I am also on Vancouver Island, and we do have this exact problem.  For the past 6 weeks or so - random black screen and no signal.  Also, getting a message that I don't have a specific station on my service, that I definitely do, as we watch it for the local news most nights.

0 Kudos

/ -- has Shaw offered to replace your TV box? Did they?...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@1Seasand / @Kwsmithca -- has Shaw offered to replace your TV box? Did they? Did that help? Do you have an older TV box, or their newest, the "BlueCurve" ?

Also, check that the coaxial-cable into the TV box is really tightly attached, and that the other end of the cable is equally tightly-attached to the wall-port (or splitter).

0 Kudos

I'm in North Vancouver and having extreme packet loss sin...

bdobson
Grasshopper

I'm in North Vancouver and having extreme packet loss since Thursday and my chat with Shaw was 100% useless. Basically it was "We'll send a tech even though your signal is 100% on both sides, speeds are fine." This happened before, they came, swapped the modem which did nothing and left. Eventually it got better. I'm at the end of my rope with how tech support is with Shaw.

If you find a step by step guide on their site that's the all the support will do troubleshooting wise outside of checking your modem. Anything beyond that is a service call now. 

I would LOVE to play Diablo 4 this weekend but the packet loss is so bad that's impossible. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help