I'm in Winnipeg and for last couple weeks we are losing o...

boblindaid
Grasshopper

I'm in Winnipeg and for last couple weeks we are losing our tv connections at least weekly. We had also installed the new white shaw Ignite Gateway about 3 months ago 

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@boblindaid -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

This forum is not a direct path to Rogers/Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222].

Call them, and get them to remotely logon to your Ignite Gateway (and/or your Rogers TV box), to view the value of "signal-strength" reaching it.  A poor value can generate your intermittent problems.

0 Kudos

Shaw has been a disaster for the past several months. I h...

MJudd
Grasshopper

Shaw has been a disaster for the past several months. I haven't been able to log into webmail since June. Nobody seems to know what's going on. And when you call they act like you're the first person to call about a specific question.....when the reality is, the reason I waited for 40 minutes on hold was due to hundreds (if not thousands) of people calling in with similar complaints.

0 Kudos

Called Sept 19, they had me unplug all 4 tv wifi boxes an...

boblindaid
Grasshopper

Called Sept 19, they had me unplug all 4 tv wifi boxes and xb7 gateway. They refreshed each of the 4 boxes and gateway. All 4 tvs came back ok. Sept 24 1245 upstairs TV went black. Unplugged Gateway then replugged and all tvs came back on ok

I've head this is system-wide.  We're in Richmond and we'...

PGisGoofy
Grasshopper

I've head this is system-wide.  We're in Richmond and we're having to reboot our router almost daily. Internet was rock stable for years and years until a few months ago. I've heard about the same issues in Alberta too, so I assume there's something going on within Shaw's overall network. I'm definitely thinking about moving to Telus. 

0 Kudos

--  This forum is not a direct path to Rogers/Shaw Suppor...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@PGisGoofy --  This forum is not a direct path to Rogers/Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222].

Call them, and get them to remotely logon to your Ignite Gateway (and/or your Rogers TV box), to view the value of "signal-strength" reaching it.  A low value can generate your intermittent problems.

I assume there's something going on within Shaw's overall network. 

I do not agree with your assumption.  Poor signal-strength needs to be investigated on a case-by-case basis.

Shaw/Rogers would certainly notice if hundreds/thousands of cable-modem customers in the same city/town were having problems, and would remediate their infrastructure.

0 Kudos

Same problem in Winnipeg, MB

Foxhair
Grasshopper

Same problem in Winnipeg, MB

0 Kudos

My iPad stays connected but the cable wireless gateway is...

Wrinkles
Grasshopper

My iPad stays connected but the cable wireless gateway is not working. I’m in Campbell river. It’s very annoying.

0 Kudos

wrote: My iPad stays connected but the cable wireless gat...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Wrinkles wrote: My iPad stays connected but the cable wireless gateway is not working.

Huh? Your iPad connects via WiFi to the WiFi adapter inside the Shaw/Rogers cable-modem, which you claim is not working.

Can you add more details about what is not working, and how you connect any other of your computers/devices to the cable-modem, e.g., Ethernet cable or WiFi?

Do your wireless devices support only 2.4 Ghz WiFi, or only 5 Ghz WiFi, or both networks?

0 Kudos

No it is just this one. We had a Rogers technician out he...

doreen38
Grasshopper

No it is just this one. We had a Rogers technician out here not long ago. He put in a new box but that seemingly hasn't fixed this problem. A Modem is what he changed as the old one was dead. We have a Laptop we use downstairs which is a different provider or internet which doesn't seem to have the same problem.

When you say to go onto the web & talk to some one, you must understand that I have no Wifi so  how would I do that? Hope you can get to the bottom. I couldn't do email yesterday & not today.

Doreen  gdybhavn@shaw.ca

This is not due to Apple as I don't have it & I have not purchased anything from Rogers.

0 Kudos